Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E7 ActiveSync stops syncing

Registered Member
alex_1234

Nokia E7 ActiveSync stops syncing

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've recently been having an issue with syncing emails when using ActiveSync.

After a fews days, syncing no longer works and I have to delete and recreate the ActiveSync account. This works for a few days and then the problem occurs again.

Looking at the MfE logs, I can see the following error every time the sync fails:

27/03/2012 06:25:03 Connected to connection method named <Connection Name> with type <Connection Type>

27/03/2012 06:25:08 The current ComamndHandler State is EFolderSync.

27/03/2012 06:25:08 CEasCmdHandler::smileyvery-happy:oRunL - Main state machine. PreviousMainState = 4.CurrentMainState = 4. CurrentPolicyState =0.Error =-6

I can't identify any factors that lead to the failure of syncing, but once it stops syncing, the only way appears to be to delete the account and recreate.

I'd appreciate any assistance available.

Device details:

24/03/2012 13:00:14 Mail for Exchange Build : 1.00.000

24/03/2012 13:00:14 Device Software Version: 111.030.0609 2011-11-26 RM-626 (c) Nokia

24/03/2012 13:00:14 Device Model: E7-00 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abelardo

Re: Nokia E7 ActiveSync stops syncing

fines
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oskuz

Hi!

I'm facing same kind of problems. Did you find a solution?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oskuz

I think I found the cause for this problem. When syncing is in the middle of the progress and the phone is shutdown it remembers the last sync phase, but loses some data from RAM and thus stucks to infinite loop.

Haven't managed to verify if this happens with all shutdowns or only with total shutdown (i.e. power button pressed until phone shakes).

Please use plain text.