Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E7 Anna update destroyed my Phone

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Nokia E7 Anna update destroyed my Phone

Whe I bought my Nokia E7 it had the original firmware and had purchased alot of applications to use with it some free once like QUICKOffice 7.0, free app like Skype, that were working perfectly well before the arrival of hurricane Anna who without notice don't know how was on my phone can't remember how I installed it but afterwards all my applications stopped working. Right now I can do what I used to before as my OVI shop is down, Skype is not working and can not install all my purchased softwares and can not connect my phone to my Bluetooth printer as before and these have angered me alot and am not happy at all!!

If Nokia do listen to customers why are they not helping us! Why introduce software that has no control or solution. This ANNA things is terrible.

I just want you to help me with one thing: HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE TO THE PREVIOUS ORIGINAL NOKIA E7 SOFTWARE?

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Re: Nokia E7 Anna update destroyed my Phone

Sorry to heard that.

Did you run also Symbian Anna Update 1/2 and Symbian Anna Update 2/2? Those packages contain the Quickoffice and other applications.

You could try to reinstall Symbian Anna via OVI Suite, see:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?qt=anna&cat=support&fullcontent=true&cnt=1&page=5

Or contact local Nokia Care center (Contact Us on this web site).

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

I can feel your anger and pain .... i had the same issues with my nokia 5800 but they weren't so extreme i just felt bad after updating

thats why i have not updated my e7 and have decided to stick to symbian 3 even when belle comes in ...

i dont think nokia lets you downgrade once you have upgraded... you can go to these local markets where there are un authorized mobile repairmen... they might be able to reinstall the old symbian into it but this will void your warranty.

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have updated my phone with all Anna updates but nothing really has improved. Quick Office 7 had just been released for a week when I bought it but with the coming of ANNA disrupted everything.

The way many people are complaining aout Anna does NOKIA Co have a solution or they don't have it as its long time we have been complaining about it. My buying Nokia E7 had wanted it to be my only phone that I can do anything productive with it and I had paid 250 pounds after selling my two other smartphones. With Symbian^3 I was doning everything editing documents and attaching pictures, Using skype, Printing and using OVI store on my phone but now all these have been disabled.

Is it possible for Nokia to provide me with a link where I can download Symbian^3 firmware? Its better I should downgrade to that and be happy than have this hurricane ANNA and be grommy and feel frustrated.

Please help many of us we have cried to you and hear us if you really care. Next time you come up with a new upgrade please try it several times before allowing us to use it. E& was a best phone but you aare distroying it

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

There isnt a Symb 3 version available over the internet... you should try your local market... there are several un authorized repairmen.... at YOUR OWN RISK i must add... because now they will be releasing belle which i have feeling will be much worse than anna... any how lets see

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I had one or two issues with anna, but they were resoved by flashing the phone, bit of a pain, but it works ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

flashing your phone voids its warranty .... and its stored in the firmware log that it has been flashed.... and this is what all these un authorized cell phone repair men do 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MJJ87

thought the E7 was average at first & not entirely what I expected but over all ok..South Africa finally got the anna update and now I just want to smash this phone with a hammer..my whatsapp keeps disconnecting and cant reconnect for about 15min..this has been happening every hour or so..and I get no msgs and then when I send one through whatsapp then everyone else's msgs that they sent long ago comes through.tried deleting and re-installing 4 times..phone lags and is much slower and it was never very quick or smooth compared to e.g iphone etc...want to at least go back to old software!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MJJ87

so close to destroying this phone!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MJJ87

If it wasn't so beautiful I would have done it a while ago..just so so frustrating...and no one seems to care at nokia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

@malange007 you can get your phone re-flashed at a Nokia Care point ? This AFAIK does NOT affect your warranty and should, from my expeience, resolve all the issues mentioned, my E7 is now functioning better than ever before, and despite some issues I had through the anna update, I am very pleased with the phone. Despite the fact it is possible to flash a phone yourself, I would not recommend it to anyone, as the risk of damage to the phone may turn out to be very expensive !

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Thats my point.... when the nokia service center people flash it for you... they have a special log file that gets saved in some private folder. Whereas when some unauthorized or when someone on their own tries to attempt this...  that file is not generated... overall ,,, when you have no way out.. flashing seems to be the only way. My suggestion stay away from all the updates. They arent worth it. Just a waste of time.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MJJ87

but if you already updated how can you go back?

can't go on like this
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My Vidict on this issue is that even NOKIA Company has no solution to Anna Problems. even though its their own software this is really funny!!!

I have two weeks to go before selling my Nokia E7 with Hurricane Anna on it

I wish I had the Symbian^3 as when I bought the phone

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

Get a grip on yourself.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It's always worth updating the software on your phone, I've had very few issues in the past, and those I've had , have always been resolved. Anna is a substamcial improvement on the original software, if people have issues they cannot resolve themselves, they need to approach Nokia Care, as with any other make of phone, the warranty is always the users last resort and 'insurance policy' ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor

At last I went to Nokia Care Centre to have my phone reflashed and was given an hour to wait and I waited.

After that after I went home I found my phone to be working properly again and have managed to Install Quickoffice Pro7 and can use skype, OVI Store etc as before with symbian 3. It has been a frustrating experience but my patience has paid off.

If you have a problem with your Nokia E7 I suggest you go to your nearest Nokia Care Centre to have it reflashed. I am not updating my OVI store on phone, or symbian 2 update as am afraid I can go back to the same problems.. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanstorm

after Anna update my main camera has stopped working..my phone is just 4 months old...can someone please help me and tell me what to do about the camera...

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

my advice you have messed enough by upgrading your phone to anna goto the ncc and get your phone flashed and do not upgrade to anything till belle comes out... hope this helps you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

@Khonje1 , wish I'd have though that getting your phone flashed would reslove your issues ? Still , glad you found the solution to your problem yourself, without anty help !! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.