Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E7 Sliding Mechanism

izangeek
Accepted Solution

Nokia E7 Sliding Mechanism

I realised that there was an apparent scratch on the keyboard where I can see the aluminium body underneath the black layer. Is there a design fault of the E7-00 or the faulty sliding mechanism to my handset is the cause of it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Could you upload a picture?

My E7 has got a few tiny scratches too, but not anything I care about. It's a good phone and I guess I use it more than I have done than with Nokia phones in the past.

If you however feel that this is a fault which you cannot be blamed for, I guess you could try to visit a Nokia care point with it?
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
asturcon3

[ Edited ]

My own E7 is starting to be scratched too, along the bottom side of the black zone. One to the right of the symbol arrow, two on both sides of the space bar, the last one between down and right arrows. Nothing to worry about, but it's only 3 months old.

With the keyboard mid-opened, sliding a finger under the screen part, I can feel 4 roghness matching those scratchs.

Cant make a photo, my corporative phone here is a **bleep** blackberry whose camera is unable to notice those scratchs.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Okey, but sounds very much like scratches on mine. Anyway, I don't really care about it, but if the OP somehow does I believe a visit to a Nokia care point would be the thing, although I don't know if they will care about it, but of course, if the reason this scratches comes from are caused by the way the phone is built, I can't really see why they shouldn't fix it.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
asturcon3

Actually, those roghness I noticed when sliding a finger under the screen, are 4 plastic dots that I guess are there to better the 'solid' feel when the device is closed. Take a look under good lightning from the rear side and you'll see them.

They match exactly my 4 tiny scratchs. Obviously, it's not a design to last as much as I expect from this phone.

Please use plain text.
izangeek

I guess it's the cause of those 4 bumps that I realised was there too. Sigh would appreciate if they could do something about this issue. However it seems that ever trip i take to the Nokia Care Centre gives rise to other issues. My recent trip back gave me a loose hinge. I can feel the screen going down when i press on it. Twice now has it happen. I doubt any request for a change in handset will be entertained.

Please use plain text.