Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E7 Weak Battery life and Email Sync is d...

Contributor
arfunnnnn

Nokia E7 Weak Battery life and Email Sync is delayed

Hi,I got my E7 exactly a week back. The phone battery life is very poor.8-10 hours to the max. What do I do? I am online at annoying time connected to my service provider but 8-10 hours is really bad.

Also my emails do not sync immediately only does when I synchronize it. What do I Do? What are the settings you suggest for immediate sync?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Nokia E7 Weak Battery life and Email Sync is delayed

[ Edited ]

Agree with you regarding the battery life when the device is connected Online always, only way to strech for a day usage it is to use Power saver mode.

You have Sync frequency interval in the e-mail settings, you can set it to 5mins minimum time.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CHINMAY_07

Hey guys,

I am also using Nokia E7-00 and its been about a month now, and I agree with you that the E7 has comparative weaker battery than other Nokia models. However I do not think that the battery is so weak that it lasts for 8-10 hours. I am also continuously connected to internet with my phone and use it a lot for multimedia purpose but my battery lasts for at least 2 days with power saving mode activated.

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

The biggest power guzzler is the 3G network which the power saving mode disables (plus some screen brightness and animations etc.). 2G is enough for checking e-mail and you can always switch to full power deactivating power saving mode when needed.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jc75

I have actually stopped using this phone due to poor battery life. Will charge during night, make a few calls in the moring and by lunch time 10% power left! If not on charge battery will run down completely during the night!! Surely this can't be right?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

The Battery life is poor on the E7, so basically you need to run as little as possible to maintain battery life, or top up during the day ! If I'm careful I can get 12 to 14 hrs out of mine, other than that I love the phone, just wish it would run to midnight :smileysad:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

The best formula for the phone to last until midnight is to activate power saving, this switches off 3G and bluetooth. I have enabled bluetooth and I get a full day out of it with heavy use.

I have my main e-mail account on 15 minute refresh, bluetooth on all the time with PC connection at the office and HF connection in car. Podcatcher checking for podcasts every 4 hours. I listen to audio for more than an hour in total while commuting, browse the web a lot. Oh yes - install Opera Mobile, do not use the original browser, it's slow, inefficient and power hungry because of that.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Tried ALL those, don't want to use power save mode, as I need more than a couple of seconds to read a web page,never use BT unless I'm transferring something, I manually sync my mail when i get the chance, and watch half an hour of pre-loaded video every day, I want to be able to use 3G for speed, and run Gravity throughout the day ! Can't see the point having a smartphone and not using it for what it was designed for, the problem is Nokia supplied the phone with a battery that doesn't hold enough juice and that cannot be replaced, they've just released the E6 with a 1500mAh battery, and the power consumption will be half that of the E7 ?

Love the phone, hate the battery, luckily I have access to top up when I need it and carry a Power Monkey with me !

Please use plain text.
LuxE7user

I have exactly the same problem with the battery life.

Today, the fully charged battery of 8AM was completely empty by 2PM (6h) while all widgets being offline, all Apps closed and  energy saving mode switched ON directly after full-charge this morning - in fact precisely to test the batter life in powersavings mode. Now, result is a disaster. Case also getting quite hot. Clearly a problem for support I guess. It is definetly not normal behaviour (I hope), but the problem seems to be quite frequent...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

Well I guess you may have a problem ? Mine would last  a full day with power saving on, I just don't like it  :smileymad: and even with heavy use it wouldn't die in 6hrs, you could do with visiting a care point !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
njmi2008

I have same problem , Is any body have solution to improve battery performance

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I have forwarded this discussion to the E7-00 Program Team,

In the mean time, could you check the following links, in case they might help you:

Specific for N8-00, probably helps also with E7-00

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?fullcontent=true&cat=support&comp=Nokian800%2Cn8&cnt=1&qt=Pro...

Link to User guide:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/e7-00/user-guide?ccf_name=nokia-e7-00/guide/GUID-074...

And general for all Mobile devices:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?comp=Nokia+E7-00&cat=support&page=1&qt=prolong&cnt=1&fullcont...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

@svi78, you can't simply go from post to post telling people to turn everything off on there 'ultimate business phone' just to make the battery last for a day !! Some people need push email, and may need the screen illuminated for more than a couple of seconds ? They may also be away from a power source for a few hours, people need the oppertunity to purchase an upgraded battery !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skywalk27

Hi carman58.

I totally agree with you! Dont have a flagship and then tell everyone how NOT to use it!!!!... I had an N97, and while it had its flaws, with the same usage I have now I would get up to 3 days out of the battery!!!! Now I'm charging every night, and by the time I get home with minimal usage it just about dies... just NOT good enough.

Nokia, isnt it about time you realised you just HAVN'T given your business mobile enough grunt to do the job????  Time for a recall and replace with something suitable?  Its not as though one can even carry a spare battery!!!... The first Nokia that doesn not have a removable one?

Come on guys... play the game if you dont want people to jump to the "A" or "B" people as the handset itself I think is great (apart from no sd card slot!!!! another first!!!)

p.s. there is an app on Ovi... Battery Monitor... tells you exactly what has consumed what... quite informative... also Ramblow (expensive) but really does clear all the rubbish out of memory in the background!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

I have the power saver on most of the time.
Especially when I'm working with PC I have WLAN connection to the internet and BT connection to the Ovi Suite.

I use the 3G only when it necessary.

Email check interval is set to 15min.

This way my E7-00 runs about 30 hours or so.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

for battery life

. goto wlan menu select settings and turn on power saving there

. download an app called battery monitor from ovi ... it automatically conserves energy...without putting the phone on battery conservation mode

. recently i moded my phone from 3 to 6 homescreens and interestingly this has increased my battery life... although i run on GSM mode only and wifi is on all the time... but it has increased by 6 hrs...

for email sync issue

. i was sick of this problem too initally

. several times deleted accounts and made them again  in hope that they might work now

. recently i master reset the phone and since then they are working fine... sync's instantly

NOKIA if you ask me has a mind of its own... behaves in mysterious ways... im not updating to anna and nor will i to belle... because they have ruined the homescreen look... love the symbian ^3 but its very mysterious

Tip keep a car charger :smileywink:

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Advisor
psg_au

Bloody Laura.... I'm never seen that lenght of run out of my E7 - 30Hrs ... even with it sitting in a draw.

Please use plain text.
RaedH

Hi. My problem started when upgrading to Belle. I charge at 10 pm. Turn off Wifi and all connections (even put it as off line). 8am my battery is in the 50s% range. Nokia Battery meter shows that it was all consumed by the background but nothing is running......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I'm actually getting battery life with Belle ! Did you reset the phone when you upgraded ? May be issues between Belle and Anna causing the phone to drain ?

Please use plain text.
krabuchio

Hi

these battery rpoblems are software caused. I started to use Nokia E7-00 with Anna, then upgraded to Belle and it phone was working fine. Just atfer latest update battery life have problems 4-6 h from 100% to 0% with phone after factory reset with no software installed.

Please use plain text.