Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E7 does NOT have autofocus in 8 Mp camer...

aw535

Nokia E7 does NOT have autofocus in 8 Mp camera! This is unaceptable! Shame on NOKIA!

Nokia E7 does NOT have autofocus in 8 Mp camera! This is unaceptable! Shame on NOKIA!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Nokia E7 does NOT have autofocus in 8 Mp camera! This is unaceptable! Shame on NOKIA!

Lot have been said about the camera on the E7/C7/C6-01. If mobile photography is important for you buy an N8, the E7 is good in other aspects.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

Re: Nokia E7 does NOT have autofocus in 8 Mp camera! This is unaceptable! Shame on NOKIA!

Business phone that is unable to take pics of documents that are totally legible. My only problem with it really, its adequate for taking snaps of work sites etc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

E7's camera was criticised for not able to scan documents and bar-codes but again nothing can be done now.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

@aw535,

and what is the question that you're hoping this user-to-user forum will answer you?

The best answer I can give you is: if the auto-focus is so important to you, buy another phone! (you do read the specs before buying something, do you?)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palaidniex

reinob, common

not the autofocus is the issue.

For me if this camera even do not have tu have the lens at all, only it has to be able to make a readable photo of A4 size documents, "read" businesscard, bar code etc...

I do not care how it is solved. It could be good if business phone can handle this important job...

Nokia 1611, 2210, 3110, 5110, 6210, 6310, 6310i (up to these models totally satisfied)
Then don't remember model, then E50 (mostly happy), then N97 mini - phone with briliant keyboard, but poor touchscreen, then business phone E07, phone that can not make a photo of contract, invoice or business card. poor design of usb port and 5 months at service did it - my nowadays phone is Apple. Company gave me Asha 300, so frustrating, that I use my old E50 instead...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I don't think it will ever be "solved" as I don't think any software can make push the hardware limitations of the camera any much further to make it possible to focus on a shorter distance.

Taking photos of documents is a real pain, I agree with that, but if you really need that function you will have to by some other phone.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I really don't understand the obsession with photographing documents, most of the docs I need are created on a computer, I can email them to my phone or bluetoothe them to it, as for business cards, what's the difference in adding a contact, you can't phone someone from a photograph ? If someone needs info from me I send them my phone number or an email, but maybe I'm missing something or just unprofessional :smileysurprised: EDOF is the best photographic system I've ever come accross, it's fast, easy and requires zero skill, it's not very good in bad light, but then again neither are my eyes, EDOF ! EDOF ! EDOF !!!!!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

It's not an obsession for me mate, more like something I would need when at work. You know. :smileywink:

What it's really good at though, is video recording and don't forget the sound recorded. But that's another thread! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Surely an ink pad and paper is better for your work ? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Nope! LOL :smileyvery-happy:. You have to be as much objective as possible. Nothing better than just capture the moment with a picture!?
Please use plain text.
inktomi

I wonder if a 5MP camera could fit in the E7, because, on my E72, it worked well. with the E7 it seems like the camera output is softer, and the macro feature is lost. so, ummm, well it was a known thing - the camera was not the strong points of the phone. for a great cam head towards N8! besides, swype and N8 solves the lack of physical keyboard on the N8.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cmc_01

Not sure if this is the right thread, sorry if not, but yes, I bought the E7 as the best all rounder I thought was out there, and I'm less satisfied with the camera in the E7 than I was in my troublesome N97. You're right - close ups ( never mind documents - what about flowers (??)) are out of focus. Distance shots are not properly exposed or sharpened. What's going on?  I don't really want to to do this, but will removing the plastic film lens protector help?

thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Pictures taken from 0 to 50 cm will get blurry no matter what you do, but remove the lens protector. I'm pretty sure pictures should be better in general.

I'm happy with the quality of landscape shots.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

@cmc_01 , you seriously mean this ? 

' I don't really want to to do this, but will removing the plastic film lens protector help?'

It's delivery packaging !! Like the plastic on the rest of the phone, leaving a platic cover over the camera will distort the pictures terribly, generally speaking all pictures apart from close ups ar excellent with the E7, but leaving the cover over the lens is about as much use as spreading vaseline over it !!

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8976/10042011021.jpg

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Nice picture carman58!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It was one of a set I tried whilst 'discussing'  EDOF with some other doubters, I admit it is NOT a perfect system, but it DOES produce some nice pictures, and requires ZERO skill :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Yeah, I know. Using the panorama app capturing landscapes turned out to be amazing. Much better than the N97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

The point is for me personally, if I plan on doing anything like 'serious' photography, I have a digital camera, I would never need to photograph a document or business card at work, and if away on vacation I would take my 'gadget bag' which would have Camera and spare phone in it, along with travel charger, memory sticks , headphones and travel speakers, so I'm covered.. Anyone who has a major need for a mobile scanner, needs to read the specs of the single phone they are going to run there business with and ensure it meets the specs they require. I am more than happy with the E7 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cmc_01

Thanks for your help. Being a neat protector film of the same type as the screen protector with it’s wee silver tab in the corner, I assumed it was designed to protect and work with the lens. Being a miserable wet day, I’ll need another opportunity to try it out now.

I take the  point about Vaseline.!

Thanks again

Please use plain text.