Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E7 locked during Update!help me FAST PLEASE ...

Advisor
Calinutz97

Nokia E7 locked during Update!help me FAST PLEASE !

So...everything started few hours ago,i wanted to make a photo and the phone has just blocked...without any "warn" i let him on the desk for 20-30 min,and when i came back it was in the same "position" i restarted him normally and after 10 sec he blocked again...i restarted him again and the same problem...and again restart...and again....and again....and again....and again x20 maybe ... so i decided to "Teach him a lesson" and i tried hard reset,good,it works,so i wanted to re-install the software to receive all default applications back...i connected the phone to pc and started the reinstall via Nokia Pc suite...at half ( 15 min left to finish) it says "The connection has been intrerupted" or something like that,and i have pressed the power button for 10 sec,it didn't start...(i have to say that when i started the update my phone was on,and during the update he closed...and i was having about 50% of battery,or less...)i pressed few times ok on Nokia ovi suite till he started to re-install the software again...i let the phone like that for 10 min but that bar was still empty...i decided to try to power it on again...nothing...i deconnected it from pc and tried again...and than i tried hard reset...i was unlucky...what can i do to restore my phone?i guess it's blocked...he couldn't finish his update...but that's annoing i receive that message from nokia ovi suite every time i updated it...to Anna and than to belle :smileyindifferent: all the time...when i was updating to Anna i had to reconnect my phone 3-4 times..and i wasn't playing on computer or something like that..just watching at him...please help me !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Nokia E7 locked during Update!help me FAST PLEASE !

Hi Calinutz97,

Sorry to hear about the lockups you are are experiencing, please try the following steps to do a full reset of the E7;

1. If you have data on the E7 you wish to keep create a backup using Nokia Suite but when asked deselect the option to include settings in the backup. You can start a backup through Tools>Backup in the Nokia Suite menu.
  2. Now disconnect your E7 from the PC and select the offline profile, press the on/off switch and from the menu which appears select and activate the profile offline.
  3. Enter the code *#7370# followed by the security code 12345. Please be aware this reset may take 3-5 minutes on the E7
  4. After the E7 restarts go through the Device First Use sequence to setup the E7 correctly.
  5. Now connect the E7 to your PC again and let Nokia Suite install the requires files on E7. After this re-install Nokia Belle. When you go to the update screen in Nokia Suite your will either be presented by a system update or you can choose to re-install the current (up to date) version again.
  6. After the update verify if there are any additional updates and install these as well.
  7. After this you can restore the backup if you made one.

If after this procedure you still encounter the symptoms you described earlier I suggest you visit a Nokia Care Point to have the E7 examined.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Calinutz97

[ Edited ]

I would like to do all those things...but there is one problem...my phone is off and i can't start it....he's charging and still no result..so...battery is almost full...but he's blocked...i tried 100 times to power it on,hard reset...and anything else...but no way...please,isn't there any solution without service?till monday i'll die !

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Calinutz97

I pressed the power on buton for 10 minutes,with help of a pen and 2 boxes but no answer..it's stil off...hmm...i think the last solution is nokia care point..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Calinutz97

If you tried a three key depressed power on "hard reset" I hope you released power button only after the first vibration.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kodiyan

You can Hard Reset Nokia like this 

http://mashtips.com/how-to-soft-hard-reset-nokia-phone/

Or Try this locking post may be useful.

http://mashtips.com/how-to-add-phone-auto-lock-on-a-nokia-e71/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@kodiyan

Thanks for your input but phone in question is E7 a Symbian ^3 device which has no bearing to your suggested links.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.