Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E7 not charging

prolifik

Nokia E7 not charging

Recently, my phone battery went flat & I tried to charge it via USB cable but it won't come up.

The LED would blink for a while then stop.
I tried to charge it a charger connected to the main but it wont.

Pls I need help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia E7 not charging

@prolifik

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this but for future reference it is best not to run battery right down on these devices as sometimes unrecoverable. Assuming when you say mains charger this is supplied Nokia one?

If it refuses to charge no matter what you do, you will have to visit a Nokia Care point.

To find your nearest care point, start out here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
asturcon3

[ Edited ]

There is a Warning on support page for e7 (charging) stating that for a flat battery, some minutes are needed to get the on-screen charging indicator. Also, for a long-time unused battery, plug the charger, wait some minutes, unplug and then plug again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

As asturcon3 mentioned, this might be the case. It happened to me with my previous phone (n97) and I had to let it charge for about 15 mins before it was able to fully boot. It used 5 mins to show that it was charging.

The E7 is quite a powerhungry device and a fully discharged battery on this device in particular might need some more time. What I suggest you do is to connect it to your original Nokia wall charger and monitor it for 15 mins or untill you see it starts charging. It might be that it just need some time.

If that doesn't work it might be the case aspergerguy has mentioned already and in that case the solution is to bring it to a NCP.

Good luck!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Sadley , I think it will be a faulty handset, my E7 'dies' on a regular basis, and if you don't have a charger handy when the battery is low, there's not a lot you can do about it, but it has never failed to charge up ok, and never takes more than a couple of minutes to licgt up to a state where it can be re-started . Also the phone tends to turn itself orr at about 7% power, simply so that there is always some residual current in the system, I would think it would take a few days before the battery reached an absolute zero. Hope you manage to revive it, but think Nokia Care is the best course of action.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ravennag

My E7 started not charging about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was the Nokia charger, I bought a new one but it did not help. The light next to teh USB goes on, it looks like it is charging and then it stops. I only manage to charge it using my laptop.

I also run the battery flat a couple of times and I am familiar with teh delay in responding when I start charging it from that status but this is different.

I woudl have brought already back to service if I woudl not need it for work so much.

Lousy break down for a brand new phone!

Please use plain text.
Mpondozephela

I got my Nokia E7 last year and after 3 to 4 months it was not charging well with the charger but charging with the data cable on the computer. It could charge with the charger when I plug the charger at an angle since it is loose in its port anyway. So I thought that is the port has worn out but confusing because it is too early for that. I continued to charge with the data cable which is very annoying because it take a long time until 1 day the battery died and data cable could not charge when the phone is off.

I took the phone to nokia care and they didn't manage to switch it on too and they took it for repairs under warranty. They told me that the problem is with the software which manages the USB/charger port. I would like to know how true is this statement.

They repair the phone and told me that they change the whole motherboard with the new IEM no. I reckon that Im using a new phone after repairs. Now after some couple of months again Im back to the same problem. My sister and my friend is using E7. They also experiencing the same problem.

Please help. Now I need professional help and How is Nokia gona solve this problem because I didn't read about a lot of discussions like this one and I found out there is a lot of people around the world having the same problem. Im in South Africa.

Please use plain text.
Ganja

Thank you all for posting the problems with your phone. Now I know it was not just my phone.  It started happening during my business trips which caused me delays and problems in my business. I lost contact with my clients and had to buy anothe phone in a foreign country urgently. I have decided to switch to another brand. Others should probably do the same rather than wasting valuable time with care centers or asking for help. Nokia was there before there were any iPhones and Samsungs, but now it can not even handle a simple charging systems. What happened?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shukutoo99

My wife and I have 2 Nokia's E7-00 -and the same problem. We always had Nokia's Communicator. However it seems that the USB connector is the "cheapest on the market". I now bought a Samsung Galaxy Note and my wife an I-phone. They feel so much more advanced ! Sorry Nokia - you've missed the boat !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tnieeb

unfortunately, my nokia e7 is also a victim of this circumstance, guess I'm done with nokia products too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tshenu

Unfortunately E7 charging port is made of poor quality material and it gets worn quickly, the same situation that you're in now happened to me twice. Take your phone to nokia care if it's still under warrant they will give you a new one

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tshenu

The problem is not with the software bur the hardware. Cheap material for charging port was used

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sonics

What is the use of nokia care center. I visited there in last 6 month for my E7 have the same problem. But they can't rectify my problem. yesterday I bring back my phone the phone is still dead.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nkholil

Hi

I have the same problem for my E7. Not charging. 

Nokia Care will waste your time. Since my device has sign of water exposure it nullified the warranty, I will need to replace the whole component.

I take back and charge it  using laptop it still works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nkholil

Hi All

Finally my E7 is fixed and working fine.

I brought to local service and ask them to replace the USB Charging. It cost me around US$20 

Please use plain text.
pie37

I have the same problem with my Nokia E7, i didn't noticed that battery was flat,, i charged it again using the original  charger, but then it just blink then just die... i 've been a loyal nokia consumer, but with this... oh it drive me nuts!

i need the files in my nokia E7....big problem now...help....

Please use plain text.
VictoriaK

wow that is interesting, i am also in south africa and this happened to me last year december, when the phone jsut wouldn't charge. i tried both charging it at the mains and via usb and each time the light goes on as if it is charging but it is just flat and the phone did not run flat out before i charged it, so i just left it on so that I could access my phone book as i had made it my main phone. I haven't taken the phone in but now i am amazed at how common this problem with this phone is. it is very disappointing considering how expensive this device is.

really disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bugsneeze

Hey

I recently got myself a Nokia E7-00 phone. It's working great and the battery seems to be in OK condition.

However, after installing Nokia Battery Monitor 3.1 and checking it up after charging it says "Charged 12 mins ago to 88%". It won't go past it. Not even if I plug the cord again, it only says battery is full. I was using a USB port from a computer. Is this normal that the charging ends at 88%?

I must test if this is the case when using a AC-charger (or what ever it's called, you know, then thing you plug to your wall :squint: )

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

Tend to use Battery Info by MondayCoder myself, but upon pre-used E7-00 battery may now be past it's best.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noikei

Would Nokia incorporated a Qwerty keyboard to Nokia Lumia smartphone series? I have a NoKia E7-00 and I want to switch over to the Lumia series but they haven't got a Qwerty keyboard like E7.
Please use plain text.