Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia E71 Charging Problem

Nokia E71 Charging Problem

Dear All,

I am E71 User, from 2 days, i used the car charger of my Bluetooth Headset BH-700 to charge my E71, after doing so, i found the battery of E71 draining very fast (3 or 4 hours only of work with most of the time idle), when i charge it with the Phone Charger, the Battery takes a very long time and never comes to full, and also drains very fast after

i looked into my phone charger and found it 5V 800 mA, and for the Bluetooth Headset, I Found it 5.7V 890 mA, i can see that the Bluetooth Headset has excess Voltage & Current than my E71 Phone Charger, is this the reason of the problem, did my E71 Battery got damaged or the whole phone is now Damaged

Please help me as i am very sad on my lovely E71, I used it for only 3 months

Advisor

Re: Nokia E71 Charging Problem

That is a good question.

If you look for Nokia chargers they just say if the plug is right, nothing can go wrong :squint:

There are many chargers out there, the original one for E71 is AC-5E (5V, 800mA), then I still have AC-3E and ACP-8E from my previous Nokia phones, which have like 5.3V and/or 350mA etc.

As for more or less mA I guess it only affects the time the phone needs to a full charge.

As for more or less voltage I am not sure what happens :smileysurprised:

E71-1 / FW 210.21.006