Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E71 and Route 66 Mobile 8

Contributor

Nokia E71 and Route 66 Mobile 8

Just installed Route 66 mobile 8 onto my shiny new E71.  It has installed fine but won't start up.  On the first attempt the lady says "welcome to Route 66" but there is no splash screen and no program loads.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia E71 and Route 66 Mobile 8

Same here. You need an update... pls find it at http://www.66.com/support/index.php?cid=NL&opt=updates_detail&prod=2

1) I found my memory card locked after the failed start of mobile 8. Restart the E71 first.

2) The updater puts a new .sis file on your E71's E drive. Remove the old version first, the upgrade won't work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi - can i ask why you both went for route 66?  others have been telling me to get Garmin cuz apparently it's better but i really liked route 66 when i used it on the navigator...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

easy - I didn't know Garmin existed.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi I am a TomTom 6 user and this works great on the E71 only issue is will not use internal GPS and maps are getting a bit old. I also use the Nikia Maps but not great for finding places in the first place and unable to add POI. I did try the Garmin but just couldn't get on with it. is Route 66 a trial as I would like to try this as it looks like TomTom aren't doing a new Mobile version which is a shame as I had version 5 on a 6680 then upgraded to version 6 for my E61 I just would like to buy version 7. I hear the issue is then amount of copied/cracked software.

I will be tring Maps 3 when it is completed and then it might be worth the money but I have the current version workin in the UK only currently but the costs are high going forward.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hello Andy, did you manage to solve your problem? I'm having the same problem and i don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks.

Francisco.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

A bit off topic, but something to do with navigation.

I haven't tried Route66 yet so I can't comment.

I have been a long time user of Tomtom with my PDA's and I liked it a lot I bought a standalone unit.

Tomtom doesn't update the Symbian version of their software incluing maps, so i tried Garmin, but like the other poster, I never got on with it. It was like using the OVI maps. I have tried Sygic and its the closest thing to Tomtom, it actually looks like a Tomtom clone with very similar functions.

Please use plain text.

Hi sasperello.  This my first go at this forum so please forgive me if my edicate is not right.

I have recently upgraded to the E71 from the N6110 Navigator and absolutely loved Route 66 so much so that I bought updated maps with a year's license. This may be important to you, if you haven't got a current license?

I communicated directly with Route 66 who were very helpful BTW.  I'll insert their advice, hopefully it will assist.

1.    Go to http://www.66.com/support/index.php?cid=AU&opt=updates_detail&p=2 download free update file to PC, and copy it memory card.

2.    Insert memory card in Nokia E71, and install it into mobile.

... you can use Route66 Sync to synchronize license keys without connecting to GPRS.

Regarding downloading Australia 2009Q1 map, Safety Camera and Travel Guide, please follow steps below,

·         Exit navigator on mobile (Nokia E71), connect to PC via USB cable, and select “Data transfer” mode.

·         Run Route 66 Sync.

·         As the license was transferred to this mobile, as soon as it is connected to Sync properly, Sync will suggest you to download it.

As I said earlier, if you don't have a license, this maybe the problem.  Route66 can be contacted on email at support@cn.66.com  .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I already solved the problem thanks to wilbur8au and to route 66 support. The problem is that the link they have in troubleshooting is wrong because it sends you to route 66 sync and not to route 66 new software. So the right link to solve the problem is http://www.66.com/support/index.php?cid=AU&opt=updates_detail&p=2

Thank you all.

Francisco

Please use plain text.