Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia E72 Headphone Jack problem

Advisor
drdre

Nokia E72 Headphone Jack problem

Good day, I just bought a new E72, and im noticing something, whenever i try putting in a headphone jack, the phone restarts, and when it doesnt, the sound comes through with cracks...Help please... also when texting fast, i notice it misses some keys and i have to type them over,

Registered Member
primabrahmana

Re: Nokia E72 Headphone Jack problem

I and my girlfriend got the same phone and got the some problems with you. And i've go to nokia center in my town, they don't know how to fix it.

i'v tried to upgrade my firmware but the problem still exist

Registered Member
vladnena

Hi. My problem with headset is that it brings echo on everithing I listen.

If someone knows how to solve this, please reply.

Ps: software version 031.023

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

are you using compatible headphones ?and are they been pushed in all the way?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
korn72

I have the same issue.

I am using the headset which came inside the box.

Each time i insert it, it asks me to select the profile. I select, headphone or sumtin like that and then it restarts. Tried it several times, and it restarts consistently.

:smileymad:

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Counsellor
pnpmech

@vladnena try to properly insert pin in jack
LEARNING AND WISDOM ARE SUPERFLUITIES, THE SURFACE GLITTER MERELY, BUT IT IS THE HEART THAT IS THE SEAT OF ALL POWER . . . .
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

already advised this pnpmech

try a reset back up data

*#7370# security code is 12345

also try updating your firmware

if all this does not work take it to a nokia care centre

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Advisor
drdre

ok, im gonna try the reset now, i hope this works. Does anyone else have a problem with keys when sending text messages
Advisor
drdre

Ok, Part I complete, reset complete, tested it, and now it works, im about to update the firmware. I hope it will work again afterwards.
Advisor
drdre

Ha Ha. Version 31.023. It works. @JimmyIreland. This is the way to go. It works. Ill highlight my steps for anyone that has the same problem.

Step 1: Use PC Suite to backup all of your phone data, and remove your memory card
Step 2: Perform the reset *#7370# Code: 12345
Step 3: Restore your backup
Step 4: HAve fun, Test it, and move on :smileyhappy:
Advisor
RBhanti

I got my E72 about 3 months back and I faced the same problem initially.

Then I realised that I was not nserting the jack properly. You really need to be careful while inserting the jack in the E72. It is little actually should go further than yu think.

Never again faced this problem. Also got the firmware upgrade but just 2 months back, I think.

Advisor
mrbuggy

My problem is with sound quality. The provided headset poses no problem, and sound quality is fine; however, with a compatible headset, the sound is muffled to a whispering level. If I insert the jack all the way in, the sound is barely audible. I have to leave the jack slightly NOT inserted all the way in to get decent sound. Both headsets feature the TRRS connector type (stereo & microphone.) This connector is standardized, so I don't know why one works and the other doesn't. On the other hand, the TRS connector works fine (just stereo, no microphone.)
Registered Member
bevozilla

Apparently Nokia's headsets are not pure TRRS. Ground and mic pins are reversed.

I just bought an adapter here (they explain the issue well):

http://www.meelec.com/MEE_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm

PBZRBJ