Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 corporate email account problem

Re: Nokia E72 IMAP mail problems

Scratch that.. the setting made last night as suggested by laitos doens't work anymore today. The same problem happend again. To be honest, I didn't think I'd be troule free anymore but it happened too soon.

I really want to return it to the shop if I could. Nokia should have product guarantee money back something like this!!!!!!!

Surely, I'll go for Android for the next phone. It's an open source mobile OS being developped by Google now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
namit

I also have same issue that emails open fine then if I close out out them (hide) and try go back in screen tries to open and then closes again.

Running two google Apps accounts on imap and have set them up with manual settings using imap ssl.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Smartphonefan

Hi there - I can add another one.

After having finished all the setup work (I thought..) my E-72 seemed to work fine with 2 IMAP-accounts. Then all of a sudden: both accounts vanished and I cannot install them again. I end up in a loop when I start the setup and my phone tries to get in contact with the provider... Grrr..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MFJafry

Nokia E72 corporate email account problem

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir,

i have nokia E 72-1, there is a corporate email account option but its not working, i was talk with our mobile telecom co. like WARID TELECON, MOBILINK, TELENOR AND ZONG, but they said we have no facility of nokia E series for black barry / corporate account working.

i want to make corporate account on this cell, please advise what we do ???

Waiting for yorur favourable response.

Thanks & regards

Jafry

Moderator Note: Personal details removed. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Re: Nokia E72 corporate email account problem

Hi,

If you want to use MfE (corporate email), your email server must support Activesync protocol (e.g. Microsoft Echange server 2003, 2007 or 2010 or alternatives) and Outlook Mobile Access has to be enabled. If this is not possible, then you'll have to use the IMAP or POP3 connection to retrieve your emails from server.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MFJafry

,Re: Nokia E72 corporate email account problem

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply,

Please advise, can we use Nokia E 72 as Black berry / E 72 have a complete setting of like black berry options.

Thanks

Jafry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Doke

Hi!

Thank you very much to the author and creator of this thread... All issues mentionned are also valid in my case...

I bought my E72 especially for IMAP4 Idle feature and it does not work as expected!

It seems like IMAP4 Idle is implemented only partially... It works if the connection is not dropped. Then, the scheduler will check periodically (pull) but won't connect the phone with Idle...

(Connect, drain battery, check mailbox (pull), drain battery, disconnect, drain battery.)

Nokia, please fixe this!

And get your acts together, my country variant Nokia is still with a firmware of Oct 2009!

Please use plain text.
kamran04

Re: Nokia E72 email problems

my emails keep deleting and downloading themselfs. I have done a full reset and reinstalled but same issue. Was working fine for first week. What is the solution to this. Also it will not let me delete the accounts, i have to do a full manual reset

Thank you

Please use plain text.
HauBau

Re: Nokia E72 email problems

Hello,

I have an IMAP email address with lots of folders in it and filters on the server that route the emails to a specific folder by different rules.

Does anybody have any idea about how could I make the email application show all the folders in my inbox? By default I can only see the emails in my inbox and that is useless because most of the important emails go into folders and this application doesn't synchronize the folders. I have to go into each folder by selecting the more folders option and only then it searches for new email, but when you have around 30 folders it's kind of time consuming to select "more folders", navigate to a folder go into that specific folder and see if you've got any mail. Not to mention the stupid sorting options at the right which can't be removed and every time you open the email it goes to the default date setting and it's showing the email divided into days. Who thought that would be useful?

I've also had an e66 and the mail application worked flawlessly ( you could see all the folders, how many unread messages you had in each folder, the emails sorted by date with the unread messages first).

Does anybody know a good email application that can be installed on this phone, or how could I install the old email application (e66, e71), which for me worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
candacekae

Hello

I have a nokia e72 and for the first month my yahoo email acct that i set up was working fine.

Now it will not reconnect and it tells me that i have an invalid password. I have updated my phone with the most recent software and even tried to install the yahoo and ovi and gmail manually.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I go to the set up wizard and  it ask for my password and user name but after it "detects network settings" it  goes back to the regular screen.

Also every 3 seconds the "access point user name and password" screen comes up on my phone

Can somebody PLEASE help.

I cant connect to NO email and original yahoo that was working fine ask me for my password and then says "disconnected"

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a Nokia E72 and I bought it for its e-mail functions.. however, although I was able to setup everything perfectly... my phone decided to forget all my settings and my mailboxes are gone! Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimack

I had a similiar problem I logged into email.nokia.com and noticed that it was only setup to sync certain folders (my inbox was not in included) I checked the box updated and wham-o now it updates again!
Please use plain text.
g105b

I purchased this phone for it's email features, but was aware of the "problems" it has. I think the reason this discussion is negative is that people - including myself - rushed into the set up of email without reading the documentation that came with the phone.

After I was slightly annoyed with the IMAP capabilities, I realised I hadn't used the free subscription that came with the phone to Nokia Messaging.

Sign up to the Nokia Messaging website with your IMAP details, and the phone will be sent a text message to set up the email account automatically, and all your IMAP problems will be answered.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
michosargi

my E72 Dosent let me create a mail box on hotmail he gave me this message: liscence of connect esxpired, how can i fix it ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nowcrapphones

3. There is no selection for sent folder. This is a critical feature for any IMAP client. It would be nice if drafts could be selected too, but that's not critical.

8 Months on and still no fix. What a pathetic mail client. Shocked at the ineptitude of Nokia these days. Dozens of phones to choose from and not one that works properly. No wonder they are queing for Andriod, RIM and iphones.

GET IT SORTED NOKIA!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

imap4 support does not show contents of folders under inbox - thus useless

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR

(dont let the web address stop you from checking this out)

web site    lonely cat games com

sell profimail for symbian (and a few others)

BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS AND IT DOES EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED AND MORE

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sobeit2007

it is disappoint to me of the E72.  Maybe i have too much of the expectation on the E72.  

i have used many smart phone,  PDA in the past,  I was hoping that E72 has all their good features and over come the short comming. However, the true is pain.

Mail for exchange server is totally useless.  honestly,  the setup of the account is very smooth and hassel free ( score + ),  but the result is not that impress.  

speed:  slow, I have to Wait and Wait for the exchanger server to sync.

content:  BAD,  i can not control how much i would like to download per message and what i have is the message sender and the subject line,  if i want to read the quite content,,,  i have to move the pointer down below the subject,  then  WAIT for the fetching............. 25 seconds later, i get the full body of the message,  which is not what i want.

folder:  i have many folders set up in my Exchange mail.  E72 NO way can manage any of this, slow and the limitation of the display, i can never be able to jump between my folder structures. so i cant move my email to where i want it to.  after all, i gave up

I have used WM5, WM6, never have these problems.  I dont know Why Nokia has such stupid FETCHING content feature.

Internet Sharing,  another painful feature.  i have to install the driver on my laptop, then connect with my E72,  after all the test and handshake between the 2 pieces of devices,  25min later, i can access internet via the E72.   Compare with the smoothness WM6 internet sharing feature,  E72 is a loser.

addition to a phone:

If i want additional gaming device,  i will recommend select Iphone;

if for business,   i will recommend for a HTC WM6 device or Android  ( i have not yet fully tested this operating system ),  or you can use Iphone also.

if you want a Long battery life,  full keyboard,  good phone,  E72 maybe a choice.

other then these features,   E72 is way way behind the smartphone.

John.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahima

i cannot send and recieve email with phone Nokia E72

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majnus

I have exactly the same problem on my E52!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swa10

sobeit2007 wrote:

it is disappoint to me of the E72.  Maybe i have too much of the expectation on the E72.  

i have used many smart phone,  PDA in the past,  I was hoping that E72 has all their good features and over come the short comming. However, the true is pain.

Mail for exchange server is totally useless.  honestly,  the setup of the account is very smooth and hassel free ( score + ),  but the result is not that impress.  

speed:  slow, I have to Wait and Wait for the exchanger server to sync.

Mine works fine. You need to check your company Exchange servers.

content:  BAD,  i can not control how much i would like to download per message (agree) and what i have is the message sender and the subject line,  if i want to read the quite content,,,  i have to move the pointer down below the subject,  then  WAIT for the fetching............. 25 seconds later, i get the full body of the message,  which is not what i want.

Mine works fine. You need to check your company Exchange servers.

folder:  i have many folders set up in my Exchange mail.  E72 NO way can manage any of this, slow and the limitation of the display, i can never be able to jump between my folder structures. so i cant move my email to where i want it to.  after all, i gave up

I see all my folders in "More folders"

I have used WM5, WM6, never have these problems.  I dont know Why Nokia has such stupid FETCHING content feature.

It all MS there so it should be better!

Internet Sharing,  another painful feature.  i have to install the driver on my laptop, then connect with my E72,  after all the test and handshake between the 2 pieces of devices,  25min later, i can access internet via the E72.   Compare with the smoothness WM6 internet sharing feature,  E72 is a loser.

It all MS there so it should be better! But it also works fine with E72.

addition to a phone:

If i want additional gaming device,  i will recommend select Iphone;

if for business,   i will recommend for a HTC WM6 device or Android  ( i have not yet fully tested this operating system ),  or you can use Iphone also.

The price difference is too big. All other company forums also full of angry users and complaints!

if you want a Long battery life,  full keyboard,  good phone,  E72 maybe a choice.

other then these features,   E72 is way way behind the smartphone.

Agree. But Nokia, I think, is gradually improving in business phones like E72. Besides Nokia messaging is free.

John.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star to the left. Thank you!
Please use plain text.