Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 - Problem with connecting to a PC throug...

Advisor

Nokia E72 - Problem with connecting to a PC through bluetooth

Just today I bought a Nokia E72 and it wont connect to my Toshiba laptop. My old N82 connects and disconnects just fine (I erased old connection for N82 and paired again with no problem). Tried to do many things like restarting etc. Nothing works. I can see my phone on the list of discovered deviced, but when I want to pair it waits for some couple of seconds and says "could not find service".

I could though, send a file from N82 to E72 through bluetooth (however I noted it was a bit slow).

What can be done?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia E72 - Problem with connecting to a PC through bluetooth

Download and install the latest version of pcsuite using the link below and try again.

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/pc-suites/compatibility-and-downl...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I already have the latest PCsuite version (7.1.40.1) still doesn't work. It says: "Cannot authenticate the phone".

And it works perfectly with my good old N82

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Does anyone know, what can be done?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Did you try updating the bluetooth driver on your laptop?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I updated the bluetooth driver on my Toshiba to the latest one they had on their website (dates end of last month). It started to work a little bit better, now I can send stuff to my laptop from E72, however I still cannot pair my E72 with computer to use phone as gprs modem and/or send stuff from my laptop.

I tried with several other laptops that has bluetooth, but still with little luck :smileysad: Can someone tell me why is this so? I notice that bluetooth transfer from phone-to-phone is also rather slow. This whole story gives me a feeling that Nokia producers putted a cheap/weak bluetooth module on this E72 phone. Can this be possible?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Anything is possible but I doubt it. A weak bluetooth module would only affect the range and should still work if next to the laptop.

If the problem persists with many laptops the  perhaps you should get it checked out at your local Nokia Care Point. 

At least you can transfer files for the moment, which is an improvement. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Not only is it possible, it's a fact.

Let's see how long Nokia will keep pretending this is not an issue, and how long it will take them to provide an update.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Have you tryed with thed Ovi Suit? I had similar problems with my old Laptop on wich a update to Ovi Suit solved.
Please use plain text.

yes me too..

its hard to paired my e72 to bluetooth in my computer...

wew..nokia pliz update firmware plizzz

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ovi suite seems to work fine, but it is unfortunately limited only to specific content like contacts,photos and music. If I want to transfer let's say a *.doc or *.sisx or even *.jar file, I can't do this with Ovi. Also, Ovi itself is a heavy program, thus you are also limited to your laptop only. Also, you should always start this program to send something, or it should work in background, i.e. eating your system resources for doing simple bluetooth transfer. 

Why on earth I can't send stuff directly from my Toshiba laptop just like I did for three years now (and still do) with my Nokia N82?? I swear, if it wasn't for heavy battery and qwerty keyboard, I would never change it.

Dear Nokia developers, I've been using your products for many many years, from the time that I got my first Nokia 5110 in 1997. Believe me, there is nothing more annoying when you buy an expensive updated model of the phone that gives you so much headache with operating simple things, while your old phone works absolutely fine.

Please do something!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Were you using PCsuite rather than Ovi Suite with your N82? Why don't you try using PCsuite with your E72 as well. PCsuite the last time I checked still allows you to just drag files back and forth. I have not yet switch to Ovi Suite myself. I think it is better and old habits die hard.

You can get pcsuite from www.nokia.com/pcsuite

Please use plain text.
Advisor

WIth N82 there was never a need for specific software installation. I could transfer to and from any PC everything that I needed. I also could connect to the internet using my phone as a gprs modem without any software.

I understand that you are trying to help, and I give you big credit for that, especially since your suggestions are valuable,and they really help. However, I also want you to understand my position as a Nokia customer. It is very much annoying when you buy new expensive and advanced phone and you do not find the same comfort and easiness that you had with older model, over pretty much simple things like operation of BT.

parviz

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had the same issue with my desktop . I down loaded latest version of Nokia suite and the worked fine . I think this is a driver issue . Bala
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

if all you guys want is to sync your contacts and calendar from your phone to your PC all you need is to use "google sync" it is a nice tool that works based on Microsoft exchange but in the downside... it will require a data plan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just for the record, I have a Toshiba M400 Tablet, and had PC Suite 7.1.30.9, which was happily working with my old E61. I bought the E72 (In India) recently, and I had it synching with my laptop in about 5 minutes!! Nothing had to be done. I sync contacts, notes and calendar, and can also transfer files using the windows explorer. No issues at all.

Shripad

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I agree with you that Nokia PC suite partly solves the problem, it works over bluetooth just fine. On the sad note though, I can only use bluetooth through this particular program. With Nokia N82, I didn't even have this program before, as it was pairing with both of my Toshiba laptops (home and work) just fine!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timucinibu

i have the same problem i bought a new e 72 and a bluetooth usb device.. i can use bluetoth device vith its own program correctly, but noki pc  suite cant finilize its ways to contact with it, altough it can discover the phone.

Please use plain text.