Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 - Set up Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo accoun...

iasonasg4
Accepted Solution

Nokia E72 - Set up Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo accounts impossible!!!!

I bought my E72 3 days ago and the first impression i got was disappointing.

The first action you do when switching on E72 for the first time is to set up your email accounts.

Remember, E72 is Nokia's top email phone!!!

I chose hotmail. I enter my email account and then my password as requested.

And the next screen i get is nothing but the previous one!!!

The same happens with Yahoo accounts.

I found a way to work around the crash and set up my account through the "other" tab available on the wizard.

I am really disappointed that i have changed my beloved E71, to get an even more proffessional solution that in the end needs a total update to set up our emails.

There must be a solution in the next software upgrade and must be installed for free in all Nokia's stores.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia E72 - Set up Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo accounts impossible!!!!

I am facing the same problem with Gmail. Can you tell me the solution in detail?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VTG23

I find this issue totally unacceptable, as you said, the E72 is supposed to be a TOP e-mail phone. If Nokia don't do something quick about this issue, I'm switching to Blackberry, at least their phones work properly. Not to mention the slow operation and constant freezing. I appreciate the phone for all the services it provides, but they need to MAKE IT WORK.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VTG23

Apparently there's a conflict between Vodafone live! SIMs and the 031.023 software. Nokia support called me to tell me this... I have to say, I'm impressed. They said he solution is as follows: get a SIM from a different operator, set-up the mailboxes using a random acces point provided by the other SIM and switch back to Vodafone. After the switch, be sure to go to Account settings to manually modify the acces point in use to Vodafone live!
Apparently the bug exists because the new software attempts to automatically retrieve the acces points from the network, you no longer have to receive a settings message, and something's not working there :smileytongue:
Hope it works for you guys, I didn't get the chance to try it out yet, going out to get a SIM now.
Please use plain text.
MDWT

Hi,

I have the same issue and indeed it is very annoying and disappointing.

I just both my E72 2 days ago.

Luckily for Nokia I didn't read the forums before I purchased it.

I don't know if I would have bought it after reading al these issues.

I really hope that they will solve all these issues in the next firmware releases?

This workaround seems too far-fetched

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mitash

Hey All... 

I too am facin the same problem... with lots of hope i shifted back to nokia from sony... but i guess i made a wrong decision...

In the past three days i have been trying to set up my email on the fone with vodafone live... but no result as yet...

as wid IM chat... i guess the service is not available in INDIA...

Really Disappointed!!!

Please use plain text.
mclip0

Similar problem with yahoo - worked fine for first 2 weeks, no problems with initial set up, then stopped sending emails.  Tried reinstalling but email setup just stalls after entering password.  Very disappointing for flagship nokia.

Please use plain text.
avis_sarkar

I bought E72 3 months back! And tell u guys, its Awesome! I have not faced any problems in configuring my MFE, my gmail ( have configured 2 gmails) and my hotmail. Mails come in and go out properly. No hang issues. Mails Sync properly with server. Also, MFE calendar syncs fine with my phone's calendar. My official meetings shows up properly.

The best part is MS Office Communicator - which I use to connect to my office chat.

I'm using the Nokia Chat which has yahoo msngr, gtalk, windows and ovi chats.

Also, using Nibuzz for FB chat! :smileyhappy:

I just love E72.

-Avishek. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
doyshox

Re: Nokia E72 - Set up Gmail to Nokia E72

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78887

1.Enable IMAP in your Gmail Account settings thru your PC. then on your Nokia E72, 

2.Select 'Messaging' > 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'E-mail' > 'Mailboxes.'

3.If you have never set up email on your phone before, select 'Yes' to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select 'Options' and then 'New mailbox.'

4.Select 'Start' to begin the setup wizard.

5.Select 'IMAP4' and then 'Next.'

6.Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com') as the email address and select 'Next.' Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'

7.Enter 'imap.gmail.com' as the incoming mail server and select 'Next.'

8.Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' as the outgoing mail server and select 'Next.'

9.Select the appropriate access point and then 'Next.'

10.Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.

11.Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.

12.Select 'Connection settings' > 'Incoming e-mail.'

13.Enter your address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password. 14.Select 'SSL/TLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '993.'

15.Select 'Back.'

16.Select 'Outgoing e-mail.'

17.Enter your email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password. 18.Select 'StartTLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '587.'

19.Select 'Back' and change any other settings according to your preferences.

20.Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anirban007

oh boy i faced similer difficulty when i first bought E72 but then i found easiest solution. Nokia made it so easy just go to www.email.nokia.com and then give ur mobile no and choose model no. then choose any email id and then u will receive message from nokia. Rest is very easy. u can set up upto 10 email id and access all simultinously.

b happy :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anirban007

for chat solution, see this topic

http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-chat-on-nokia-e72

u can connect 2 yahoo msn gtalk, name a chat and it's there...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skalra

I tried setting gmail and hotmail a/c's doing the same using the stated nokia url but it didnt help. Can u suggest anything?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tusleaserban

i also had that problem with vodafone in Romania. i switched the sim from vodafone with another one from orange and it worked simply. after that i swiched again the sims and only changed the acces point from the setings of the mail.that's it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
liesbman

[ Edited ]

Since a few days I can't send or receive my hotmail on my E72 phone. When pressing 'Z' for sending and receiving it connects and disconnects immediately I have tried connecting via wifi and 3G, nothing works. Please advise...

tusleaserban wrote:

i also had that problem with vodafone in Romania. i switched the sim from vodafone with another one from orange and it worked simply. after that i swiched again the sims and only changed the acces point from the setings of the mail.that's it!

Please use plain text.
NeeCee

Hi!

I have an E63 (similar to E72) and it hasn't been syncing email on any of my 3 email accounts since 22nd August.

Is there a server problem? Seems odd that all three of my email accounts would stop syncing at the same time.  It was working fine up until then.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

NeeCee

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

liesbman and NeeCee, yes there was outage. Is your issue solved, now? If not, please, let us continue there …

By the way, if do you really want Nokia Messaging? If you enter a email address like user@example.com, you are able to access the native (direct, without proxy) email client.

Please use plain text.
NeeCee

Yes, thanks - it started syching again yesterday and seems to be working fine.

The reason I use Nokia Messaging is because way back when I got the phone, I couldn't get it to pick up emails using the standard set up.  When I contacted someone at Nokia to ask for help, I was instructed to download the messaging software from the Ovi store and use that - been using it ever since.

Thanks again for your help!

NeeCee

Please use plain text.