Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 Unlock code

Advisor

Nokia E72 Unlock code

I have recently changed my security code from 12345 to say 22222.  And I have set unlock time as 20  mninutes.  It locks after specified time and on entering the right password that is 22222, it works fine. 

But now I want to disable this security code option so that I dont have to always enter it to work on my phone.  There is a setting available "phone autolock peroid" where I can either set time after which the phone will be locked or click on none option.  But when I click on none option phone gives me a message "unable to unlock phone".  So how do I disable my security code, please help!!!

Nadeem   

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia E72 Unlock code

I've had this issue on all my Nokia S60 phones from E61 to E72 because my Exchange server policy forces a device code of minimum 6 digits to let MfE connect to it (funny the other third party solutions such as Seven or Roadsync don't do that but that's not the point of this thread).

Once you enter a new code, the phone let's you change it to a 6 digits code but never take it out. Even if you disable the MfE account causing this (or even if you uninstal MfE on the prior devices). I believe it's a bug (never taken care of since the beginning) and according to the Nokia Care guys I have contacted the only way around it is a phone reset (not sure if a soft reset is enough, you may have to do a hard reset if the soft reset doesn't work).

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Markilou:

Thanks for your response.  Since I am new user of this phone I don't even know how to hard reset it.  You may suggest me something!

Please use plain text.
aaothman

Nokia E72 Unlock code

Please use plain text.
r3dcarull0

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bharathvjs

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

bharathvjs wrote:

check this out

http://www.techniqx.com/2010/08/how-to-hard-reset-or-soft-reset-nokia.html

NOT applicable to E72 if purpose of this post.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Indervijay

first you remove phone lock code and try to disable autolock
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swaye72

Hi. 

I just want to ask, I have recently tried the remote lock feature of e72 and it definitely works.

My question is that, should anybody find my phone and i have already remotely locked it by sending SMS, how many times will the 'founder' of my phone have to guess and attempt to the unlock code before the phone gets really locked?

See i understand that if I lock my phone purposely and tried to unlock it 3-5 times with the wrong code, i need to see Nokia service to unlock it for me.

I am just wondering how about for unlocking the remote lock? Does the same rule apply?

Thanks,

Sway 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chahat

Nadeem Bhai reset ur e72 than solve ur prob. *#7370# this code is very fast
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gary19

I actualy tried *#7370# n it worked though I lost all the data in the phone memory,better back up 1st all ur stuff in the mem card.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkeskinege

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. My company's email policy forced me to enable phone lock. But, when I tried to disable the lock, I could not although I tried everything.

This reset code solved the problem.

However, one important warning. Backup your contacts before. I was expecting to lose all the data, but not the contacts.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ALL means ALL..why it should not include Contacts ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkeskinege

Apparantly, because I am not capable and clever as you are. Cannot read and understand  efficiently as you do.  And as an obviously foolish person, I wanted to share my foolish experience with people who may be as foolish as me.

But, why do you bother wasting your time anyway sensei?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mkeskinege wrote:

Apparantly, because I am not capable and clever as you are. Cannot read and understand  efficiently as you do.  And as an obviously foolish person, I wanted to share my foolish experience with people who may be as foolish as me.

But, why do you bother wasting your time anyway sensei?

My post was no way to offend you but just to inform that the Reset you mentioned will erase ALL data from the phone memory.. so not only Contacts, but other important data like Messages ( which are so very dear to many users..), Pictures, Songs, etc must be backed-up.

Please use plain text.