Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 not charging on pin or USB

Registered Member
fordcar

Nokia E72 not charging on pin or USB

Hi, I am having a charging issue with my Nokia E72 which has the latest software. I have taken it into a Nokia Service centre but they cannot resolve.

The phone will not charge and when you connect the charger into the small pin socket the phone displays 'not charging' and then 'sim registration failed' and takes about 1 minute to pick the 02 signal up again. I have tried different chargers and currently carrying 3 battery's all the time and charging them in my old E71.

In addition to this when I listen to music via my parrot in car the music cuts out every 3 seconds as if something is interfering with the Bluetooth connection. However when I plug the phone into the in car charger (and after the above messages and signal loss) this does not happen. Very strange.

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia E72 not charging on pin or USB

Service centre but they cannot resolve

send it back into nokia and ask for a replacement
they have to resolve it and not come back with an answer like that

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rollover

Hi I have a Nokia E72 with similar problem, Will not charge from either Micro Pin or USB, unit has only light use - Wife mainly, is this a Product Problem and how should we get this resolved?

Vodafone say is has water damage, but this is not true, it has never been near water - or enough to get into the phone.

Ideas?

Apart from this, great phone and good battery life.

Rollover

Please use plain text.
Mrokia

Hi,

I have had the same problem since yesterday. Not charging (either way) and sim card problem. The phone is several months old, never been wet etc. I was using the torch for about 15 minutes before the problem occurred. Then during a phone call I was hearing "battery empty" tones all the time in the headset, the battery got depleted during the call, and when I tried to charge it I was not able to.

Hope there will be more of us. :smileywink:

P.S.

I had to remove my sim card to be able to backup phone data before having it serviced

Please use plain text.
Contributor

This seems to be a problem with lot of people. I have to carry my E71 when using E72 for charging the battery. This is atrocious. I'm surprised no one (from Nokia) has bothered to answer. In this competitive world Nokia would easily be surpassed in sales by others like Iphone and Andriod phones.

Pull up your socks Nokia till your supporters are there otherwise they would be gone soon.

Please use plain text.
Mrokia

Hi,

So two months have passed. My phone has been serviced three times since August. It usually worked fine for several hours and was getting broken again.

During the last service visit my phone had its main board replaced along with the LCD screen and one part of chassis front (there was a tiny scratch and now it's gone :smileywink: ).

The device has been working well for 24 hours now. I managed to configure it and upload all data. So now - fingers crossed.

Gretings!

M.

P.S.

Earlier the service guys did the "digital block tuning" (or sth like that) but it dit not help too much.

Please use plain text.
Sage

I'm having this issue with my E72 but it charges using the mains charger.

However, it does not connect at all via USB (no data transfer) nothing happens and it does not charge from USB.

Any ideas before I try a hard reset?

Please use plain text.