Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E90 is Stolen

Nokia E90 is Stolen

[ Edited ]
somebody stolen my nokia nokia E90 communicator, while i was travelling in Shanzhen, china, i am here for enjoying holiday, i m basically from India, and i bought my phone htere

I m very frustrated, can u guide me how do i rcover my phone, or do nokia has insurance policy, which can keep me using nokia e90 for future, as this was so expensive phone and i now do think that i will be buying one more.

If somebody has any inormation about this please PM me.

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:12 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
gemini632003

[ Edited ]
Hi maheshghatge, sorry to learn of your misfortune. I doubt Nokia has any policy to assist in the recovery or compensation of your handset, just consider the whole experience bad luck.

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
mszilard

[ Edited ]
contact your service provider, maybe they can lock (your) phone by IMEI.

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:17 AM
RM-244
Nokia E51
Please use plain text.
Sage
gemini632003

[ Edited ]
Locking the device remotely or by Sim can prevent the culprits from unauthorize use of the handset is also a solution & a very small consolation, I'm afraid the actual recovery of your E90 is pretty dismal at best.

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:18 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Maybe this will help, this is how we do it in my country:
We only have two GSM operators here and whenever someone loses his phone, he goes to the police and gets a report which includes the phone's IMEI. The IMEI is then given to the GSM operators and blacklisted so whenever anyone uses any sim card in the phone, the IMEI is broadcasted along with the phone number of the sim card. The operator knows instantly. Then the police contacts that number and notifies the person that the phone he's using is stolen and this way they'll get the phone back.
This actually happened to a couple of my friends. Probably they do this also in China.... Might take a while before you get it back.... Good Luck!

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:19 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silverbull

[ Edited ]
I am sorry to hear of your loss,report the loss to the airtime /Sim card provider,they can then bar the device,& perhaps you can invoke the remote lock feature by SMS,perhaps you can send a text to the phone & ask the thieves to return it to you for a reward,better luck for the future,Regards,Ray

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:19 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
too bad be more careful next time

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:21 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Very constructive and useful post indeed!!!
(The one above)

Message Edited by geronimo on 23-Apr-2008 04:22 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
gemini632003

I am fortunate not to have lost or have my handset stolen ever, it must be a very stressful experience for you. What I know of China is they probably removed your sim card at the very first instant & sold your device to dubious vendors, there're numerous GSM sim cards available networks that can be activated simply by topping up & dispose after use.
Please use plain text.

thanks everyone for your feedbacks and suggestions.

I have lodged a complaint with local police there, {though it took almost 2 hours for registering the complaint, as cops there hardly cud understand english, and my Eng-chinese dictionary was gone with my E90 :smileysad: }

But due to lack of time , i cud not approach service provider in china. Now i m back in india.

Is there any way, i can still do something for barring the use of that phone (may be blacklisting the IMEI online on service provider's website)?

i m not very sure, if this forum allows such queries, but i dont knwo where to go for such issues?
Please use plain text.