Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Landmarks - selective deletion

mpab111

Nokia Landmarks - selective deletion

Hi:

I would like to know how to make a selective deletion of Landmarks (which appear as "favorites" in Maps).

I have a Nokia X6-00. Until yesterday I had only around 10-15 landmarks. I downloaded a walking route in .lmx format and saved it on the phone. The walk was nice, but all the points of the walking route now appear in my landmarks/favorites as "Point nnn" (n=number), and I'd like to delete them, without deleting my old landmarks/favorites. I would also like to know:

1) if each landmark is a separate file on the phone, and if so, where they are stored, since it would be easy to make a selective delete operation this way

2) If the landmarks are stored within a data file, which is this file, where is it stored on the phone, and if it can be edited by a text editor or some other program.

Thanks and regards,

Mike (Spain)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you tried a Long Press on the Item..? A pop-up menu should give option to Delete ...

Please use plain text.
mpab111

Yes, but there are about 400 landmarks to be deleted, so it would take a long time. I also know how to delete all landmarks, but I want to make a SELECTIVE delete operation, like you can in Windows using control / shift buttons.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Sorry..but that is not possible... 

Only thing you may try is Sync with the Online Maps ( http://maps.nokia.com )and it will be quicker to delete there even one-by-one...

Please use plain text.