Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Messaging Password Problem

Registered Member
ambrishdoshi

Nokia Messaging Password Problem

I have been using Nokia Messaging on my E66 and 5800 since some time and all of a sudden it is asking me for the Nokia Messaging Password which they say is the same email id and password that I would have used when I first logged on to Nokia Messaging. Though I am almost sure I had used my gmail but still I have tried using all my email id's that I have been using on Nokia Messaging but it does not accept. Take note I have not changed my password of any of my email id's ever. There is no forgot password or any other option. I come to understand that many people have faced this problems. Would appreciate if someone helps is resolving the matter.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

Re: Nokia Messaging Password Problem

Damn... even i face this problem on my 97 mini.... bloody Nokia cant even give a forgot password option to reset the password even though i never changed my password on my gmail account .... go to hell Noki! im loosing faith in u... espescially after the Android..

i even tried loging in at email.nokia.com but in vain sum1 Help me out....!!

Please use plain text.
Hibernian1

The same thing has happened to me get the following  Error: ERR_AUTH_AC_DAMAGED and I had not changed any passwords! One minute it was working the next im locked out have now found out anyone who sends me an email has it bounce back saying account deactivated.

Still waiting for a reply from Nokia ......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bella_min

same problem. Is there a way to retrieve my password or delete my account so I can sign up again with it? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

its not a matter to panic just call nokia helpline and ask them to re-provision the account.

for ambrish just dial 011-30303838 ( india's nokia care helpline)

regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
StephenJR

Unfortunately the Nokia helpline cannot apparently help with this problem at present. I spent an hour on the phone to them yesterday and, amongst other things, they got me to do a hard-reset on my N97 mini. But Nokia Messaging is still requesting the password,

After all this they then told me that this was a problem that a number of users were experiencing, and that it was still 'under investigation'.

They appear to have no way of finding out the password, or resetting it! Amazing!

Please use plain text.
Hibernian1

Still no further forward had no reply from email I sent to Nokia Surprise..! Spent half an hour on the phone to support yesterday and the best suggestion they came up with was to download a new Browser???Didn't work.

Don't understand why I can access everyone part of Ovi but not get in to emails getting a bit P****D O*F as I did a hard reset on my phone and all my software licenses are in Ovi and can't get them.

Still can't access from phone or Pc ,was able to set up a new email with ymail works great with N97 but still want to get in to ovi.

Come on Nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ryns

well, my incredible journey has been goin on for a few weeks now.

after finally getting some sort of feedback as to how to get more MB on my c drive (re-format everything - GREAT)... I installed nokia messaging again, but was told to download it via ovi store, for it would not block my c drive - did that... but can#t sign in anymore. both my n97 and my online account report an invalid password - SEVERAL calls to service center - all they say is "hm. - that's weird... you probably put in a wrong password - " what??

5th attempt... the problem (I am APPARENTLY NOT THE ONLY ONE!)  has now been sent to FINNLAND ... excuse me? to reset a PW you need to send the request to FINNLAND!

I am beginning to get very impatient, not only with the product, but with quite bad customer service... and a bug that has been  known for quite a while now.

Even though I dislike the whole I phone hype, ... well, I am sure i phone users don't have to deal with SUCH bu**sh*t; problems that should easily be solved within a few mins...

sad.

Please use plain text.
Hibernian1

After a further  20 min call trying dif things and no further forward  think the penny has dropped I can get into ovi but if I hit on the mail tab looks for login again and don't work ,have been promised my problem will be escalated to the next level ? Defcom WHATEVER!!!

Nokia promise to phone me tomorrow.

Only taken two weeks and not holding my breath this is pox.....

Please use plain text.

Same issue on 5630. Cann't login into email.nokia too - password incorerect :smileysad:((. My web mailbox doesn't think so.  Anybody in Nokia is going to assist? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mprince

Same issue w/ my E71! It was working last night and when i woke up this morning, it asked for my password and I'm sure I put in the correct one but it still said 'invalid password'....same thing when i tried accessing the account at email.nokia.com. Helpppp!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Biman

I set up two email accounts on my Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic yesterday and was receiving mails normally. But this morning when I tried to open the mails it asked for Nokia Messaging email password. When I keyed in the password for my first email account it didn't work. The message 'Log-in unsuccessful' was shown. When I tried with the password for the second email account, also it didn't work. Now I'm unable to log in to any of my email accounts via Nokia Messaging, although I am able to access them by directly logging in. Why is Nokia Messaging asking not accepting the passwords?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Riestad

I'm having the same problem here from all my Gmail and Google Apps accounts.

Cannot delete the accounts on the phone because it is not connected....

Already day 3 without any mail on the phone, hoped it was a temporary problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
maliilam

I have the same problem, the Nokia Messaging just start asking for Password today. I know the password but when I enter it I get the message: "Login unsuccessful. Please try again ". btw the same password works fine on the nokia e-mail site from my browser

Please use plain text.
ktlou

snap. Too annoying. Sort it out nokia please!
Please use plain text.
JavierGS

Same here with my 5230

Always accessed my mail through the 5230 without the need of entering a pw but for the past 7 days, the prompt to enter a password is there time and time again.

I am 100% positive I know what pw I would have used and I always get the "Verifying password. Please wait".... thinking..... thinking.... and in the end  "Login unsuccessful!. Please try again".

This does not make sense, it is clear that any of us users are the cause of the problem.

Why would I risk to do a hard reset or fiddle with the phone when it does not even guarantee for the Nokia messaging to work again.  Not only that, for what I've read so far here, a hard reset would even mess up my mobile even more??

Someone from Nokia supoprt please have the courtesy to turn up here with a solution.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

anyone among you able to login at http://email.nokia.com  ???????

(for new users :Login to above mention is done via the first email id and password which u setup first on mobile)

regards

Please use plain text.
JavierGS

Further to my previous post.

A couple nights ago I logged onto my OVI Suite, connected my mobile to the PC with the connecting USB cable just to get rid of a few pics... then clicked on the messaging icon and there were a few emails there which I looked at through OVI's web but didn't attempts to sync with the phone..  then browsed a little through the contact list and logged off OVI Suite.

Please note no updates whatsoever were made neither at OVI Suite nor at the mobile phone while logged onto OVI's website.

The next morning gave another go to the Nokia messaging through my Nokia 5230 and to my surprise, first attempt I enter the password (yes, the pw that I knew it would work but didn't), succesful login and straight away starts looking for new emails.

Nokia Messaging has worked fine ever since, well it's only been a day and a half since then but perhaps it's worth sharing after following these steps, the next day, as weird as it may sound, it was all back to normal.

Javier.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Denisd

Nope. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gulam261186

Same Issue, no solution yet.

Still stuck at the password screen!!

For god's sake, what is the passowrd. Is there a default password I am not aware of because every other password has been tried with no luck

Please use plain text.