Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Messaging Password Retrieval not working

Sage

Same problem here.

When I receive the new password via mail and attempt login with it, the system asks me to change the password immediately by supplying a new password. When I enter the given temporary pass as old one and 2 time new one, the system says: The current password you entered does not match our records."

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Well, I sent my details to davisfields last Saturday, are they on vacation?

I'm really starting to get mad, the day I paid my subscription to Nokia Messaging it stoped working, I guess this is why BlackBerry users are so proud of their service, much better than this one.

5 days without paid push email and counting...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

And more than 10 days later still waiting, Nokia Customer Care really does sucks, when I call them they never resolve my issue, then they tell me to wait because they should be calling me that day or the next one (wich btw never happens) and more than 15 days after I started with Nokia Messaging Suscrption Service (wich btw costs money) I can't even login to my account, and the user Davis Fields doesn't seem to be hanging around here anymore.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

There's loads of messages on this now, it really does seem to be a problem affecting lots of users. I wish they'd tell their call centre people. During three long phone calls to them they had me clearing all the cookies on my computer, which did nothing. They had me trying the 'forget password' prompt where you the box with 'anti-spam letters', which you have to key in to prove you're not a spammer. As a regular computer user, I see this all the time - but they actually slowly explained what it was to me and accused me of keying in the wrong letters! I asked them to try it themselves and they got the same thing.

Leave it three or four hours and try again, they said, It's now 31 hours since that conversation and I've tried it on four separate occasions. I first left it more than four hours; then about 9 or 10hrs; then about another 9 or 10hrs; then about another 8hrs. Still no joy. The first call centre worker said he'd SMSs me when it was working. The last one said someone would ring me on Monday. We'll see what happens. And I am so bored of their script - "thank you for waiting patiently" they say after going away for 4 or 5 mins when their latest solution hasn't worked. Can't Nokia tell their call centre staff the website is not working properly and the email synch is not working properly?  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Same problem with me, the temp password is not working.!!

Is Davis the only guy out there who can delete the non-working ids? Is he on leaves? 
Desperately waiting for him to come around so he resolve the issue!

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.

Hi,

i have the same error message, could you reset my account, please?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Davis,

I wonder if you can help...  I am unable to login to my nokia messaging account.  I think I tried to register again with the same email details.  My email is mrichards.royce@ovi.com.  Are you able to advise if there is a problem with my account and if so how I can rectify it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Matt

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, please help me.

my account suddenly not activated.???

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have the same problem and can no longer access nokia messaging. have sent request through nokia contact webite but received no response ... help please !!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have a slightly different problem but I think a delete of my account should work.

I know my account username and password. I created the account on my new E72 and have added a couple of other email accounts to it. However I deleted the email accounts from the E72 because I didnt think they were working. Now when I try to re-add any of the email accounts to the E72 it recognises that they are already on a Nokia Messaging account. Problem is that it then asks for the Nokia Messaging user account details which I enter but it keeps asking for the password. I know I am entering it correctly because I can login to email.nokia.com with no problems.

Perhaps If my account was deleted I could start again. My only question is will I keep my operator subscription or will I be put on a trial account when I re-signup?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

What amazing customer service ... or absence of. Not only have I emailed through the contact links on the Nokia website with this problem but I have also had to post here (this being my second post) and tried private messaging to this davidfields ... all with .... no response! That is beyond poor, it cannot be one mans job to reset or delete these accounts and passwords, surely there is a general helpdesk that can manage such a simple task and therefore a simple contact link, email address or form that we could all be submitting rather then chasing our **bleep** around here ... over a week I have not being able to directly access my email through Nokia messaging now, all because I need a simple reset or account deletion, in the interim I  have had to forward one gmail  account of mine to my other and set that up through Nokia messaging, meaning I can not reply from the one I want to though nor access it directly, what a joke. Very poor support and customer care.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Please help me...

Why i cant use nokia messaging with E72? i have asked call center nokia in indonesia. They said that my provider telecomunication (Indosat) cant support nokia messaging E72, only provider telecomunication seleted can use it (Telkomsel and Exis).That is it true?

Please give solution in order to can use nokia messaging in E72.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just pray dude, Nokia Support totally sucks, last month they started with the subscription service here in Mexico, I couldn't use the service from Dec 24 to Jan 13, and guess what? My Operator cherged me full price just because of a Nokia Stupid Configuration on their servers, this totally sucks.

Ohhh, and by the way, Nokia didn't fixed the problem, my operator was the one who fixed it at last when I refused to pay, but I had to do it anyway or else I couldn't be using my phone right now, so good look buddy.

Please use plain text.

I have the same annoying problem.

Nokia needs to FIX THIS! 

Please use plain text.

it's not true.. they confirmed that Nokia Messaging is free of charge and supported by all providers in Indonesia.. they also confirmed that their technical support has made mistake by saying Nokia Messaging only work with Telkomsel.. but till now, my push email ain't working.. so you're not the only one..
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could not remember which email I first registered with nokia messaging.  I have three email account *****, ****** and******.  Can you help me delete any of this account registered with nokia messaging so that I can register a new account.  Thanks.

Edit posted due to attach personal information

Message Edited by milchie on 24-Jan-2010 08:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just got my BELL  N97 phone.  Gmail doesn't work either (my inbox remains empty, the sent/drafts do update)... also, i've hard reset my phone about 5 times today and tried to get the messaging setup again... no go.  If I can't get this push email to work by monday I'm gonna take the phone back and get the iPhone.  A pitty, cause I really liked the dashboard page and the 5mp camera.  I can't get my password either from the nokia site.... askes me for a hint thing that I never setup.  If someone actually reads this, perhaps they can delete  dico@internetworks.ca

-dr

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Do Nokia staff even read their forums or is this just a pointless exercise. For such a simple task - deleting an account or resetting a password it seems like such an effort to even get a response. Completely ridiculous. I have also emailed the place where I bought my N900 to see if they have a Nokia contact or themselves can do something to reset the password / delete the account. Such a complicated runaround by Nokia for such a simple task - why not have a lost password option like all other businesses and web pages these days where you can reset by links and emails etc...bloody ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I gave up in the end, took my E72 back and swapped it for a Blackberry. The email on my Blackberry has not let me down once in 10 days. I'm glad I got rid of the E72 - and despite their promises, Nokia never rang me about my problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dare I suggest that everyone who reads this forum / post who is having trouble with the password and nokia messaging fill in this form http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/contact-us/ask-nokia everyday, alternating between departments on the form and maybe one department will eventually respond or look at this forum and help us all? Worth a try???
Please use plain text.