Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Messaging Password Retrieval not working

Sage

[ Edited ]

anan5002 wrote:

As i said earlier, the best way is call Nokia Care Line. Ask them to delete your account, so that you can re-create

Would be good if Nokia Care actually responded. I had an initial reply from them after a long wait and they asked for further details, but no reply for nearly two months (and I've chased it up several times).
Issue for me is my account for my E72 is marked as 'canceled' on email.nokia.com, even though Nokia Care claim it should be active. I've asked for it to be reset or just deleted entirely so I can start again. No reply. No action.

cmcken1 wrote:

Problem with their client / service is that it does not support Hotmail or Yahoo accounts. Profimail and Emoze are better choices as a replacement.

Has anyone been using Nokia's MFE client?

NM does support Hotmail and Yahoo accounts, plus GMail (when NM works that is).
MfE was working on my E72 until it just stopped working and now it seems to have just disappeared entirely. Mailbox gone and the option to add an MfE account has gone.
E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Sage

Actually, I meant, the other email client that the other poster mentioned. I have been using NM since they came out with it over a year ago and, yeah, it worked perfectly for me as well with all four accounts: Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and Ovi Mail - now, the only issue I have is, I can't find the root cause for why it won't install.

I download it, it installs but, the setup is tied to the cheeze whiz on -board dumb'd down email that's tied to Nokia's built in messaging service and, I hate it. I want the one that has the full drop down in the tool bar, has autofill and full HTML support.

For some reason, the software does not load nor go into setup mode. It used to just open, you'd type in your passcode and that was it- done deal and, it worked.

Now, I have to use Profimail because the NMC does not run.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stalion456

[ Edited ]

hi i am having the same problem my email address is can you send me yours please i am stuck,and this is my work phone and i cant mess it up. cheers

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Piloteer

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have the same problem with change password on email.nokia.com

• The current password you entered does not match our records.

account registers on email

Thanks for support.

Moderator's Note:

Post edited, PM sent to user.

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hybridace101

How can I reset my password?  I tried going to email.nokia.com as instructed by the help function in my E51's Nokia Messaging software but there is nothing that can help me there reset or remedy my lost password.

Please use plain text.
navisene71

Hi everyone,

I had the same problem earlier, so I though I'll mess around to sort this out

I upgraded my e63 to a E71 - Reinstalled nokia email messaging , then when I try to add my email address it kept on telling me it was assiocieted with a nokia email account, then I type in my login details still telling me it is wrong! so I was 100% Sure It was the right login detail (Which is your normal email address and password when you open your account). So I went to mail.nokia.com and login and it was fine and gave me a list of all ma email account.

Anyways the fix was:

Seems like nokia have a little problem with their new version release. it doesn't seem to connect to all current account so What you need to do is RE-INSTALL A PREVIOUS VERSION OF NOKIA EMAIL MESSAGING - FOR EXAMPLE TRY "EMAIL 9" google it some links should come up if not let me know I'll try uploading one.

Hope this helped but this is what fixed mine

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
jfcamargo

[ Edited ]

same problem here nokia e71 can someone delete my account.

Moderator's Note:

Removed the email address, PM sent to user.

PM to user:

We would like to inform you that we have removed your personal details as it is unwise to publish personal details in a public forum such as this.

Please use plain text.

I have the same problem on my E72.

I can log in to the Nokia Messaggin web site and add/remove emails, but not sync with my device because of the password.

Don't understand, can log in to the website of Nokia but not on my phone.

When i try to reset the password i get this message:

The current password you entered does not match our records.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
TobaSammy

Hi Davis, can you help me out too because I have the same problem with my NMS?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dwonga

PLEASE, reset my account cause I created it using old email password but now i don't remember it. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fmo1973

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I seem to have a similar problem, I have been using Nokia Messaging for a long while and since yesterday I haven't been able to access my account.

It doesn't on any of my phones (E63 and N900).

I can't find any reset password option...

And by the way I am 100% sure of my password so it's not a forgotten password, it just stopped working.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

You need to contact Nokia Care using the Contact Us button above to get your accounts & passwords reset or fixed. It will take time, but they did get back to me to sort it out eventually.

I believe Davis is no longer able to handle reset requests here, so you must go through official channels.

P.S. Don't post your personal email addresses here. This is an open forum searchable by the whole Internet. Also this is just a user to user support forum.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
RobbieTT

This post is from another thread, but from the looks of this monster thread it is best here:

Glad I'm not the only one - this is driving me nuts!

My Nokia Messaging was reset after upgrading the firmware on my phone - despite the full backup.  When I enter my email address and password on the Nokia Messenger site it says neither is recognised.  Yet when I use the same details on other parts of the Nokia & Ovi site they do still work.  If I try and set-up a new account it says my email address is in use and asks for the passord!

I have tried the password reminder function a number of times but despite getting a screen stating that the details would be sent via email no such email ever arrives.

So I now have no email on my phone and no way to resolve this.  Nokia support has not answered my online enquiry and the automatic password systems do not work either.

With no input from Nokia at all if anyone has any ideas please add them to this thread.

Regards to all.

Please use plain text.
Sage

If you have no luck with your local Nokia Care, try nmfeedback@nokia.com and tell them who you dealt with in Care (if anyone replied) and what the problem is. They may be able to help things along, although they're not official support. I got the email from their Twitter account after I posted a query about NM on Twitter. The twitter account sometimes can help out too or point you in the right direction. http://twitter.com/nokiamessaging

p.s. I thought the password reminder feature had gone. However if there was one at the time and you didn't receive the email, is there a chance the email address is incorrect? Or it could have gone to a spam folder.

I don't really understand the password change mechanism now as it seems they decided you no longer need a reminder feature.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Deann

I am having a problem retrieving my nokia messaging password and user name. I had to delete the application due to a problem. Since reloading it I have not been able to use it, as I keep getting asked for a user name and password. I have tried every possible one I may know. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
whybadservice

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. Nokia keeps telling me that my password is wrong but im 500% sure that it's right. Why is not a "forget password" button? so many questions...  ultimately, all i want is to get my accound deleted please so I can create a new one and give nokia one last chance. 

My email is "" please help me

moderator's note:

removed e-mail address, personal contact information is not allowed on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

A note on if you've forgotten your password.

The forgot password option was actually deliberately removed and Nokia haven't explained it well at all. What they have done is to make the NM password to always be the password of the first email account you registered with.

Have a look at this blog entry:

http://blogs.nokia.com/messaging/index.php/2010/02/18/nokia-messaging-for-email-final-winter-2010-up...

specifically:

"The Nokia Messaging website at email.nokia.com no longer contains a “forgot password” function, This release of Nokia Messaging now always aligns the Nokia Messaging password with the Email Service Provider (ESP) password. Users can now simply enter either their Nokia Messaging password or their current ESP password during authentication. If the authentication succeeds and their Nokia Messaging password is different from the ESP password, the account will be updated and the current ESP password will become the Nokia Messaging account password."

So (if I understand it right), if you've forgotten your password, go to the website of the email provider for the first mailbox you set up and use their 'forgot my password' function. Set the password there, and then set the same password in the phone. NM will sync the account password then and all should be well.

If it still doesn't work use the Contact Us button on this page to contact Nokia Care.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
sherlockz

[ Edited ]

Hello~Daivid!

My name is Kim Ho Hyun.

I'm using  Nokia Music Express 5800.

I have a problem about Nokia Messaging Service.

I can't log to my account because of password problem.

So, I seached web and nokia hompage.

I read it.

I typed same password, but logging is impossible.

I don't know reason. I tried several time.(TOT)

Please help me!

If you delete my account, I think I'll solve that problem.

I want know solution I can send message to you for my account.

thank for you attention.

Please use plain text.
ogcopcka

Hello. I am using Nokia 5230 and i can't log in anymore on my nokia messaging account . It keeps me asking for my password even the password it's good.Please help me and delete my account!

Please use plain text.
elangochef

Help me retrieve my password. or delete my account to start fresh again.

Please use plain text.