Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N73. How to use SIP?

Contributor

Nokia N73. How to use SIP?

Nokia N73 has settings for SIP (Menu-> Tools-> Settings-> Connection-> SIP settings), I fill all of them, but I dont understand what to do next. How to use SIP on N73? Please give me link to manual, or explain here.

P.S. Do not offer me to use fring, I hate this program.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It is the nokia forum, so here must be experts or consultants... Can anybody answer my question? It's very important to me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you for the link, but I try to setup SIP on N73 without installing any software, like on E series. I think it is possble, because N73 has SIP settings.

Fring is not working very good with my gprs speed:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bixby

If you use SIP on your Nokia phone, a good place to check out some info on it all is http://www.whatmobile.net/forumvb/showthread.php?t=16542

Has some info on the new gizmo sip client as well, which I just found out about yesterday - woot woot !!
e61 and loving it !
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I tried the following settings on my Nokia n73 and it worked for me.

http://www.syednetworks.com/nokia-e65-sip 

Please use plain text.

dear sir tell me

how can i .use sip service

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ssaud

Did you try the above method mentioned by azanshah?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ahmedararso

hi sir i have a new to n73. How i can use sip serves
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

ahmedararso wrote:
hi sir i have a new to n73. How i can use sip serves

SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) settings are needed for certain network services using SIP, e.g. for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) or video sharing. You may receive the settings in a special text message from your service provider. You can view, delete, or create these setting profiles in SIP settings menu.

To configure the VoIP service settings, a separate SIP VoIP Settings application needs to be installed in the device. The application can be downloaded from Nokia Forum: 

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/d476061e-90ca-42e9-b3ea-1a852f3808ec/SIP_VoIP_Settin...

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahspike

how to crt sip profile  ............. pls help me 

Please use plain text.