Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N73 firmware update crash

Sage
mumu

Nokia N73 firmware update crash

During a firmware update with NSU to the latest Nokia N73 ME firmware my phone "died". It disconnected from the PC with me doing nothing to the cable.I didn`t even touched the mouse. How can i flash my phone? Do you know any software that can recognise my "bricked" phone?
Nokia N73 ME - 2GB Corsair
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia N73 firmware update crash

imalso had the same problem anybody out there with a solution?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

the following is the only thing you can do:

1-Disconnect the Nokia device from the PC's USB cable and remove the device's battery for 5 seconds.
2-Re-insert the battery then press and hold the device power button for 1 second.
3-Re-connect the Nokia device to the PC's USB cable and wait for 10 seconds.
4-Try the Nokia Software Updater again
If there is no response from your Nokia device, try to recover the device by formatting it:

Press and hold the following device keys: 3, green and *
Press the device power button for 1 second
Continue to hold down 3, green and * until you hear the device start-up tone.
If there is still no response:

Take the Nokia device to your nearest Nokia Care point. If the device is within its warranty period, Nokia will repair the device under the usual warranty terms and conditions.
Note: If the Nokia device is not within its warranty period, Nokia is not liable for any loss as defined within the End-User Software Agreement
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.

h have tried that but no luck :-( i want to try a solution i have seen on the forum and see if that will work too else i will have to look for a Nokia Care center.
Any other ideas to try out there..............?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi,
As a last resort,try a new battery. Your battery
might be dead.
Good luck.
Fattan
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

i can't see how the battery can be the cause of a bricked phone after a faulty update.
@Fattan, please explain ??
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just had the same problem. My phone is about 1 and a half years old, so no warranty covering my problems. I have tried to update its sofware using the Nokia Software Updater, about 15 minutes to finish it it asked me to remove the battery, what I did, and now I have this dead phone. I have called Nokia Customer Service, and have been informed that I should bring the phone to a Nokia Care Center, which does not exist in my city, and pay for the repair. It's ridiculous: even though there might be a clause stating that Nokia is not responsible for the data loss, it is responsible for the software it makes available in its website!
Now my phone can't be turned on, I cannot take it to any Nokia Care Center, as there is none in São Paulo (where I work) or Ribeirão Pires (where I live), and Nokia just says it's my problem... maybe it's a "Nokia 'I don't care'" strategy...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Unfortunately this sounds all to familiar.
I was performing the exact same task, reinstalling the operating system because one of the web browsers on the phone had stopped working. After several attempts to attach the phone via USB to PC Suite (yes, I also got problems connecting as has been mentioned in other forums, but kept disconnecting and reconnecting till eventually some drivers were recognised and installed), I backed up the phone content and proceeded through the GUI to reinstall the firmware, all looked ok until the '15 minutes left to install' bar came up (sound familiar!!??), and then the phone disconnected from the PC and that was that.
I followed the instructions to recover but to no avail. Now it says somewhere that the application restarts your phone to carry out the task and not to worry. This however switched it off and exhaled it's last.
Surely an application cannot be released to the public if there is a possibility it would render your phone useless?
This is rediculous. S
houldn't there be some way of reinstalling the backup version if all goes awry like in our case, and shouldn't there be some liability from Nokia for breaking our phones using a very flakey product!!??
Does anyone know if it's possible to breathe life back into the phone once the OS has been completely wiped?

Cheers
Please use plain text.