Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N79 program problem

damien766

Nokia N79 program problem

Hello,

My n79 has been fine until it started freezing and only button that works is on and off button on top, and the screen with profiles and shut down go to menu opens and i can scoll down that with the on and off button. I have already tried resetting factory setting hard reset and soft reset and updated the phone. What could be wrong and does any body know a program i can download that can check the phone?, and could it be a virus?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Re: Nokia N79 program problem

[ Edited ]

You did try the following proceedure, didn't you? It sets the phone back to the way it was when you first bought it (with the exception of previous firmware updates, which I believe are retained), so back up any and all data you want to save:

(courtesy of user blueheartz)

...you might want to do a (full,complete) hard reset.

For this you have to-
1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, hold the power button to switch on the phone.

4. Release the buttons when the phone shows the nokia hands logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.

(If the above procedure cannot be completed, then my guess is that you have a hardware malfunction that will require servicing.)

Please use plain text.