Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N8-00 Mass memory - memory in use

Contributor
nomisuk

Nokia N8-00 Mass memory - memory in use

[ Edited ]

My Nokia N8 had functioned perfectly until it crashed transferring a file via bluetooth. After a restart I can no longer access any files that were stored in the mass memory or even view the mass memory in File manager, or via bluetooth onmy macbook. Other than this issue the phone seems to be functioning normally.

I've tried reformatting the drive by dialling *#7370# but am still unable to access the memory.

Does anybody know of a software fix that might solve the problem or am I going to have to drop it into a nokia repair centre.

Thanks,

Simon

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia N8-00 Mass memory - memory in use

Can only suggest backup all you need and return to Care Point because firmware will probably have to be re-installed as a diagnostic measure in the first place.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Sage
Symbian_fan

I don't think *#7370# will formate your mass memory, You may need to do it by long taping on mass memory (E:smileyhappy: on your file manager. It will solve your problem, but will introduce something new. You may end up breaking your Ovi Store, Ovi Map, I think you may have already lost some widgets. Repeated re installation of the firmware via ovi suite and installing the maps and ovi store separately  may help you as long as you din't try emergency recovery (three key recovery). Best solution is to contact the Nokia care but in case it is not a convenience choice you can try what i suggested. 

Contributor
nomisuk

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Long tapping the mass memory drive fails to produce a pop up menu. My contacts are backed up so I may as well try the 3 key recovery.

If that fails I'll drop it into the nearest Nokia centre, but it's a long drive :smileysad:

Contributor
nomisuk

1. I recieved my phone back from the repair centre and the memory works fine now so I guess that issue is solved :smileyhappy:

2. The phone has exhibited extremely poor WLAN reception since being repaied. Interestingly, the phone has a different bluetooth mac address to when I sent it out :smileysad:. I'll start a new thread on this issue.

3. Installing software updates after getting the phone back was a pain. Upon install I was greeted with a simple: "Installation failed" message

I then deleted temp files via usb as described here:

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/N8-00-Phone-Softare-update-fails-to-Install/td-p/787907 

That didn't resolve the issue...

so I formatted the mass memory (Applications > Office > File Manager > long tap E: drive) and restored to factory settings. Updates then only worked when installing via OVI suite using USB.