Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips wi...

Advisor
agentsmith

Re: Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips will not play UNABLE TO GET LICENCE

Come on Nokia/BBC there are 40 posts in this thread and who knows how many watching, so this is not an isolated problem, or an update problem. BBC iPlayer is essential for N8, too early to stop supporting it yet!?!
1here is the patch/fix?

At least tell us what changed at the begining November to stop licence retrieval !

Please use plain text.
Advisor
domble

Re: Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips will not play UNABLE TO GET LICENCE

My first web form/email to bbc got a link to the standard reply, to install the PR1.1 update.   I replied to that, with my N8's software versions and so on, and got a reply

I've forwarded this on to our technical team. They are aware of the
issue and are hoping to resolve.

So looks like they are working on it at least!  I was surprised at the speed of their response.  Must be a lot of work if each device behaves differently.  Wonder if it'll work on Belle?

dominic.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
agentsmith

According to my PHONE MANAGEMENT>DEVICE UPDATES my version is Symbian Anna 022.014 and no updates available (product code 059C5Q7 vanilla unbranded UK model)
However, using TOOLS>SOFTWARE UPDATE there is 025.007 available.
Hmm ... Will this cure IPlayer issue?
Will update now and let you know if latest Anna cures it.
Gaz

Please use plain text.
NedBeg

I too have found that my iPlayer won't work. I'm reassured it's not just me that has the issue. All the previous comments are exactly the same as my own. Totally gutted that it isn't working and am feeling a fool that I didn't buy an Android phone or an iPhone.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Just checked on my N8. I have the WRMDRM DLA iPlayer Plugin (Vers 1.2) along with Midnight themes. Just installe dand tried it........

Sorry Guys, still the same:smileysad:

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Budbud

I have nokia c7, bbc iplayer doesn't work, will not load the licence, now I can't stream programmes over wifi, today nokia has released update software for c7, I thought happy days, this is the fix, but no. very disappointing. It is a fix for the mail exchange and split screen for keyboard, new browser etc.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JB2000

I lost streaming over wi-fi on Tuesday (15/11) of last week as well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

agentsmith wrote:

According to my PHONE MANAGEMENT>DEVICE UPDATES my version is Symbian Anna 022.014 and no updates available (product code 059C5Q7 vanilla unbranded UK model)
However, using TOOLS>SOFTWARE UPDATE there is 025.007 available.
Hmm ... Will this cure IPlayer issue?
Will update now and let you know if latest Anna cures it.
Gaz

Makes no difference, I've been on V25 for a few weeks now.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
berto2002

Just to add my voice. I have the same problem:

I installed Anna and the BBC iPlayer patch way back in the summer.

Been as hapy as Larry watching stuff since then.

20th November downloaded episode 1 and 2 of The Killing - which I have been looking forward to for months!

And, yes, cannot get a licence on the phone (it doesn't even try to get one).

I can move the file to the PC and get the licence but it still doesn't play if I move it back to the phone.

So I can't watch The Killing on the phone. Pants.

Big shame to have this problem; it was the whole reason I got the N8 in the first place.

And it's a repeat problem; what a great own goal that one is for Nokia

Perhaps it's just to remind us all NOT to get the Lumia (because it doesn't support iPlayer either!)

Talk about STUPID DECISION...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swivel

I have a Nokia 700 with exactly the same problem, the iplayer worked for the first 3 weeks then stopped sometime around 15/16 November.
Please use plain text.

I'm also experiencing this problem on my 701. Most frustrating as I use it quite a lot. On a side note I  also have a cheapo android tablet and that can no longer stream content from the mobile iplayer site either. Let's hope they get this sorted asap.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

DR_evil0 wrote:

I also have a cheapo android tablet and that can no longer stream content from the mobile iplayer site either.

It's almost as if it is a User agent issue as still no problems with either 5800XM or N95!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Acording to Nokia Care on twitter it's a BBC issue and should be fixed soon, whatever that means

Please use plain text.
freddouk

Oooh-errr!! ...........it's getting worse!, I only had the licence problem, but now i can't stream live ('doesn't appear to be working........' etc). then I read the BBC Iplayer website that there is a problem with Android phones not streaming....and then I read that Lumia phones don't support Javascript!!!! so no Iplayer there either if it's true.

We're a' doomed Capn' Mainwaring.

Oh well back to my trusty 5800 'til they sort it out....( I expect the beeb will blame the cuts)

Please use plain text.
markaspden

bbc iplayer not working for me either ,and I'm on Anna v25. Problem lies with BBC. Not aware of problems on ios. Of course if it were BBC would get on with it but get impression symbian no longer important. All we can do is complain .
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes, I tend to agree if we had a wee logo of a fruit on our phone we'd have had the issue resolved by now.

So much for the impartial BBC - and poor show of Nokia not harassing them to get it sorted on their flagship Symbian device.

Indeed- why has Lumia not got iplayer yet? - thats a show stopper fo me if I was thinking of getting one. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sivhead

Just got off the phone with Nokia. I logged this early november had a quick look on the forums and noone had the issue so assumed the fault was with my phone.

Anyhow Nokia have informed me that the issue is with BBC changing the URL path to DRM. as the path is wrong we will be unable to get a licence until this is updated. (hardcoded update from Nokia). Expect a patch soon...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rosssaab

[ Edited ]

iPlayer doesn't work now!!!

After my Nokia N8 being replaced 3 times because if startup fault, now the iPlayer doesn't work, and my Maps seems to always say "Finding GPS" until I pull up outside my destination or get home.

iPlayer was fine till the Anna update which fixed a lot of problems, but has created more.
Come on Nokia are you having a laugh?
You got our money, now get us the product we bought working!!

Post edit by Moderator: The post has been modified.

Excessive use of color and oversized font has been modified.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Rosssaab wrote:

iPlayer doesn't work now!!!

After my Nokia N8 being replaced 3 times because if startup fault, now the iPlayer doesn't work, and my Maps seems to always say "Finding GPS" until I pull up outside my destination or get home.

iPlayer was fine till the Anna update which fixed a lot of problems, but has created more.
Come on Nokia are you having a laugh?
You got our money, now get us the product we bought working!!

Post edit by Moderator: The post has been modified.

Excessive use of color and oversized font has been modified.

It's already been established that this is a BBC issue and not Nokia's fault (for once).

As for your GPS issue, have you enabled assisted GPS in the positioning settings?

Ray 

Please use plain text.
bluejenseb

Having similar problem, cannot stream catch-up  or play downloaded iplayer content, so have just completed the contact/complaint form on the iPlayer site. Guess we have to wait!!!:smileymad:

So glad i kept i kept my n86 , able to do both no problem  .

can't believe the Lumia doesn't support iplayer!  definite Nokia own goal.

Please use plain text.