Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips will n...

Counsellor
samhancock

Re: Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips will not play UNABLE TO GET LICENCE

Just to add my name in, I also cannot get any part of BBC iPlayer to work (only recently) and have a similar problem in the CNN app as well.

N8 

Anna 22.014

Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

Re: Nokia N8-00, Symbian Anna BBC iPlayer clips will not play UNABLE TO GET LICENCE

Just to add, I've also got the issue with content not playing in iPlayer.

UK contract N8 on Virgin network - have previously used iPlayer OK (certainly since installing Anna).

Please use plain text.
Dutchieuk

[ Edited ]

Not yet played with a Lumia phone but Iphone's don't support Javascript but Iplayer is working fine on the apple phone's. Therefore it should also work on a Lumia....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n97er

I’ve got a Nokia E7. I was able to stream stuff and watch it but in the past week that doesn’t work either nor does the licencing issue. What’s going on?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Dutchieuk wrote:
Therefore it should also work on a Lumia.

It doesn't:http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/tablets/Windows_phone_app

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
bluejenseb

I emailed the iplayer site, but only got referred back
to a link to the ovi software update page. Maybe the
new update will help , i am on 22.014 same as samhancock in this thread.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

bluejenseb wrote:
Maybe the new update will help , i am on 22.014 same as samhancock in this thread.

Sorry to disappoint you as same issue 025.007!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
agentsmith

Still no fix.....
Well atleast I can get most of my clips from tvfreeload.org till they eventually sort it.
Growingly Impatient Gaz
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuzzyf

How frustrating, the "Doctor Digital" page in this weeks Radio Times discusses all of our concerns....

But is about 2-3 weeks behind us.

It implies the DRM updte through the software updater will work and sort the problem!!!!

We all know it doesn't

Jim

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I emailed the support@bbc email address and got a reply - first of all asking what country I was trying to access Iplayed from and then after I said... the UK. -I got sent that useless DRM link- I emailed back saying that the link is useless and months out of date and heard nothing back.

Could someone at Nokia not perhaps contact the BBC on our behalf and light a fire under them to get it sorted?

Been too long now.
Please use plain text.
Coti

same problem, I´ve got a C7 and I´m not happy about it.
Please use plain text.
ericthehaddock

Just adding my voice, I'm on an E7, got 022.014 installed, no updates available . Iplayer was working a few weeks ago now  its not working. Unable to get a license.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pengduoming

Just adding my voice - as long as this doesn't work the value of my phone is reduced significantly.

What is the latest word from Nokia on this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
foreststone

I've been experiencing the same problems and have been using the workaround of downloading onto a PC, running to get the licence, then cutting to the phone, however as of today iPlayer is now working correctly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Budbud

Some Good News,I Have C7 And I Can Now Play Over Wifi, But Still Cannot Get Licence To Play. A Small Step In Right Direction, Come On Bbc We Want To Download And Play

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've checked and my N8 still gets the 'unable to get licence' message when I download over Wifi and try to play on the device.

I notice that someone has posted that they've got it working again- could they maybe elaborate on this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gazsmith

Well some progress has been made - hopefully pressure from this thread has helped.

When I started this thread I could stream tv and radio via wifi but clips were 'unable to get licence'

Then the tv streaming stopped (radio still streamed)

Today the tv streaming began working again (downloaded clips still unable to get licence)

Obviously the streaming issue was a BBC issue and appears sorted however I had to set my iPlayer favourites again but that is nothing major.

Maybe the licence issue will not be far behind?!?

I have not updated any software and there are no software updates using the phone to check via OVI or device updates.

Perhaps a DRM update very soon?
Fingers crossed
Gaz
:-/
Please use plain text.
bluejenseb

Yes!    Streaming iPlayer ok again :smileyvery-happy:

Maybe someone up there was listening to our rants!

Cheers all:smileywink:

Please use plain text.

Yesss! Streaming is also back on my 701. Finally some progress.

If they update the drm software I hope they make it easily available for all users. With the 701 not being sold to uk carriers got a feeling it won't appear in sw update for me. Fingers crossed though, you never know!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

Streaming now working for me, with an N8, not tried downloading then playback - but I've never used that previously.
Please use plain text.