Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 Battery

Kanoti

Nokia N8 Battery

can i replace my n8 battery with a higher mAh battery? Any recommendation
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

No. The battery in the N8 is a sealed unit and as such any attempt  to remove it will invalidate the warranty. Also, the procedure to remove the battery cannot be discussed here.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JIC_E7

You can buy higher mAH batteries online but they will not be genuine as there is no higher mAH for genuine N8 battery. If you are technical enough to change the battery with a replacement then do so, BUT THIS MIGHT VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

This is because, Nokia recommends you only use their genuine replacement batteries, and with the N8 it should be given to a Nokia Care point to do it for you as it is not user replaceable, although some people claim to have done it.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Nokia E7-00
Click the white star if you think I helped you please
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

I dont think there is any more powerfull battery that woudnt brake the phone. Since more electric power might brake phones hardware. You should buy portable charger Nokia has one for one full charge other portable charghes are more powerfull but not so portable
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

You're kidding, right? No higher current battery will harm a phone, unless the battery has a physical problem.

Basic laws of electronics there..

PS: People like me don't have a Nokia Care Point even remotely near me, so I HAVE to replace the battery myself, because being without the phone for some time is unacceptable. This is why I have already replaced the battery on my own already.
Please use plain text.
Kanoti

i dont mind voiding the warranty if am able to solve my battery issue. My Nokia n8 is now one year old and am talking about battery! Shame on u nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia has problem with the battery capacity the last years.
They should build phones with higher capacities batteries.
I cant use any of the Nokia N phones that i have for more than 8 hours continue.
Always get total empty after the 8hours.
I think thats why the name of the phone is N8.
Only 8 hours can i use it after that is dead and need charge again.
Nokia must do something by building 2.400-3.600mAh batteries.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
freedaygoozeman

NO you can not replace the battery of N8 with the higher current rating, higher current rating meaning you are using a battery that a little bit bigger in size, so since the N8 is a sealed and no space for a bigger battery you cant use a bigger battery. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

If you don't care about the warenty then you can look at replacing the battery with the unit from the 808

There is a detailed how to on all about symbian

Further discussion is not allowed here due to the voiding of the warenty this process this entales (are there still N8's with intact warenties ?)

Please use plain text.