Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Browser

gaurav30

Nokia N8 Browser

Nokia N8 also have same old browser which is slow and fully supported to open HTML websites like Hotmail. Whenever i open some HTML sites like hotmail or facebook its directly goes to mobile version which is very bad impression. N900 is best for HTML browsing it opens all HTML sites same as PC browsing Hope Nokia will update the same feature in N8 also..... Else browsion N8 is the best phone of Nokia as per me.... Please update the browser
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia N8 Browser

Nokia has already said that the N8 will be getting a new web browser along with improved text input. It should be available sometime in the first quarter of next year, although some rumours suggest it may appear this year.
Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

Re: Nokia N8 Browser

Just wanted to point out that may web sites try to identify the browser and/or mobile device you're using and redirect you to the mobile version of the site.

In some case it's virtually impossible to see the standard web site, unless you use some sort of user agent spoofing (basically, pretending your browser is another one), but the Nokia browser does not allow it (I don't know if any mobile browser actually allows this..)

BTW, for facebook, I believe you can go to touch.facebook.com, and then at the bottom of the page click on "full site".

No idea about hotmail..

Please use plain text.