Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 C drive getting smaller

Advisor
bish292

Nokia N8 C drive getting smaller

For some reason my C drive is getting more full. All installs are on the mass memory, emails and messages have been cleared out (gives back a couple of Meg) i'm down to 52Meg at the moment. Has anyone got an idea what is going on? I reformatted once (back to about 120Meg) and since then it's shrunk and continiues to get smaller!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Do you clear privacy data on the browser regularly, and are the camera settings set to save to E mass memory ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

mmm, camera is set to that anyway. i cleared the browser and it now sits at 59 Meg. If i lok at the drive, C has 109Meg of 'other' files...
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

I think it's safe to call it a Common problem without a solution for now....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amiraseri

i have the same problem. Worst is mine only have 10Mb on C drive. Crazy is it. Save all into the E drive except the default app like Nokia Store, Maps, etc all into the C drive. No option to save it to C drive.
amiraseri
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Suggestion, rather re install Belle and only install those Apps that you can't do without on C Drive, like Maps, Social etc.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JIRAIYA_03

Same problem here. Found out about deleting messages in the inbox. But that only frees up a few MB. Not much help though. Apparently the lesser the MB left in drive C, the slower the phone gets.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
amiraseri

Does Nokia even read this issue tread? Doesn't seems to be.
amiraseri
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amiraseri

I've been deleting few apps that I oftenly used but only managed to free few Mb, totally pointless.
amiraseri
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amiraseri

Worst comes worst I think I need to revert back to my iPhone. Tough.
amiraseri
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

There's already a similar thread... But there's no solution to the problem as yet.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

For what it's worth and while waiting for a semi-official Nokia statement, my money is on the Social app and/or its widgets, and perhaps especially if pictures of Facebook friends is stored on C: and integrates with contacts on the phone?

I don't use Social and my N8 with Belle does not have the shrinking C: syndrome.

(This thread deserved a bump!)

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eb2phkingood

[ Edited ]

same issue

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

same here. I've tried all sorts to stop it, but it seems inevitable with belle. I didn't notice it on Anna at all. Anyone raised this with Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

i tried to raise it as an issue with the Nokia care application and they removed the email option! I think you might be right Hans. Social could be the culprit. I may format and try without Nokia social to see what happens.
Please use plain text.