Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 Mail for Exchange deleting all emails...

Counsellor
fefrie
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 Mail for Exchange deleting all emails from Inbox

I've got a Nokia N8 which was working perfectly fine with Mail for Exchange, but recently has got the annoying habit of deleting all the messages from my inbox and moving them all to the deleted folder.

The only thing I've done differently as of late was in linking my hotmail account to my other phone which was a E5.

I've unlinked and deleted the account from the E5, but about once a day, I will check my MFE on my N8 and all messages have been deleted to where I will moved them back from Deleted to the Inbox.

It seems like it will be fine for a couple of hours, then it will delete them.

I've removed the mailbox and reinstalled, but it keeps happening.

Very annoying.

Any recommendations?

I'm about ready to flash to 11.05 and back to Anna again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia N8 Mail for Exchange deleting all emails from Inbox

Me too, i don't know how to fix this in my Nokia 808
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

This has only been happening to me in the last week or so.  Is this the same for you?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I dont know, brand new phone. Do you recently install microsoft apps?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

No, it worked 100% fine, then started to delete everything without changing any settings.

I'm also following your thread and wondering if you got a solution.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Messaging-Email-Browsing-and/EAS-Delete-my-emails-from-hotmail-recei...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Wonko_t_S

[ Edited ]

Same here. Started maybe on July 22 or shortly after.

All emails from inbox moved to deleted items.

Had to go through 100's of mails to get the ones back that I wanted to keep.

Now I move them to a folder.

Until this is fixed, or until I finally move completely to Gmail...

I did not (and probably will not) install the 'Microsoft Apps' that are now available as update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

What I did in the meantime is create a hotmail inbox and not a MFE mailbox and migrate my account into the hotmail inbox.

This isn't a solution since my MFE is linked to my hotmail calendar.

Gmail for me did not get along with MFE so I went with Hotmail, which I like better for my needs anyways.

It was all working perfectly, and now this inconvenience.  Like my Nokia, but it's a little aggravating.

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

[ Edited ]

@fefrie and all:

It's the same behavior in my Hotmail Mail for Exchange on N8 with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

@hpholm

Did this happen to you recently too?

Presonally, I've owned my N8 for 6 months and it was 100% fine untill recently.
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Yes, something has changed recently on the server side.

I only use the N8 and a web browser to access the Hotmail inbox.

This is something for Microsoft to sort out IMO.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi guys,

Thank you for your messages and comments!

Even though it is likely that this issue is caused by changes made to the Hotmail server side, I have forwarded this to our technical team who will look into it.  We will let you know as soon as we get some information.

Kind regards,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

I guess I should have ammended my topic title to include that the problem was with MFE/ANNA/Hotmail.

In the mean time, before I migrated my Hotmail account into a non-MFE account, I fished out all my wanted emails, then emptied the deleted messages folder, so that the next time it happened again, it was a simple select all to get my messages back into the inbox.

Please keep us posted Puigchild.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
1Roland

I too am having exactly the same issue (Nokia N8 with Exchange ActiveSync) from around 20th July Unfortunately the first time it deleted my mail, it was from one month previously to 13 months previously, so I didnt notice this at first. By the time I noticed, it seems that all my missing mail had been permenantly deleted/purged from my Hotmail account.

I reinstalled Exchange ActiveSync but the problem remains and all my mail  was still being periodically deleted, though at least I am now aware of it and was able to manually recover my deleted mail. However, the fact that I have now lost one years worth of email is totally unacceptable. I have also raised this issue on the Microsoft Answers forum and have switched back to using the Nokia Mail app for my email.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks you all for your feedback, this is currently being investigated although early indications are this is an issue with the hotmail back-end server and as such there is nothing wrong with the AES client on your phone. I will post any further information we receive on this in this thread when it becomes available to share with you all.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
k_dueholm

Hi again.

Not only does it delete all the messages in the inbox - all the sent items are also deleted!

The deleted sent items cannot be restored, can they?

As a loyal Nokia customer, trying to keep my head up in the "fight" against other smart phones, I can't believe this is happening. Major setback and very annoying!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
1Roland

k_dueholm my (remainlng) Inbox and Sent emails that were recently deleted were recoverable by logging into Hotmail using a web browser, and moving back the items from the Deleted Items folder - though this of course it was fiddly seperating Inbox and Sent mail. I also recovered some of my mail by selecting the Deleted Items folder and then using the Recover Deleted Mail option at the bottom of the page. However, I believe that tthis option only works for mail 'deleted' in the previous 5 days so you have to be quick. Unfortunatlely, the vast majority of my missing mail has not been recoverable using any method so far.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

@k_dueholm

I just checked my sent items folder, and it seems that I have items going back months.

Since I am out of MFE untill this situation is resolved, if you are still with MFE, this might have been something that occured very recently
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fefrie

I'm guessing this has to do with the hotmail->outlook change.

I'm hoping that since Nokia and Microsoft are in bed together, that Microsoft will work to resolve this situation and not anger the loyal nokia users out there.

There's a reason why people ask me if I have an iphone or an android phone.

To borrow from steve jobs, Microsoft has to "it just works" this situation.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
1Roland

flotron posted this temporary workaround in the other thread:

"I think i found the problem.. (i think i said)

For the moment no deleted messages in about 2 days, the workaround:

• Don't open/use Windows Live Mail client at same time you use/connect Nokia Exchange

It seems that using Nokia and WLM at the same time makes some conflict

I hope this will solve the problem. Now from computer i'm checking my emails from the web client"

I was using Outlook as my other client, but I guess the conflict with Exchange ActiveSync was the same

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Lorion84

I haven't used WLM for months, only the web version.

I stopped using MfE and use the IMAP version now. But this workaround doesn't give me my lost mails back nor can I see my calendar. Very unsatisfying.

Please use plain text.