Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8, Music Player - FM transmitting.

Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Nokia N8, Music Player - FM transmitting.

Hi hi, I´m using the FM transmitting option from the music player a lot.

But to turn this option on I have to:

1. Open the music player

2. Choose play via Radio

3.  Than the phone opens the FM transmit window

4.  Than you have to put FM transmit to: ON

Wy isn't it enough to open music player, choose play via Radio, and the FM transmitter turns automatically on ( on the frequency that you have already chosen anyway).

I think this is rather simple, but this extra step to turn on the FM transmitter is  unnecessary !

What does mr Nokia say about this ?

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

The FM transmitter uses extra power from the device's battery, so that's why it's not switched on automatically.

I'm sure if we would have set it to work automatically, people would have been asking why it happens automatically, and if it wouldn't have been more customer friendly to not have it activated unless it's being asked.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Ok, but when you have already choosen Play via Radio, you are going to turn your FM transmitter on anyway ! ! !

I dont think you are understanding me:

I´m opening Music player, option - play via radio - than you have to choose FM transmitter to ON.  Instead of by choosing Play via radion and the FM is ON automatically (my suggestion).

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi kingblue,

The complaint is about the extra step needed to activate the radio. The requested behavior for the radio is like for the bluetooth hotkey: If it is off, then you want to turn it on. If it is on, then you want to turn it off.

Keep It Simple :smileywink:

Best regards,

Hans

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

hpholm is spot on this one !  ! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.