Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 (On T-Mobile) - No internet/WAP Works

mezzer661

Nokia N8 (On T-Mobile) - No internet/WAP Works

[ Edited ]

Hey all,

I cannot for some reason get any internet, wap or wireless to work on my Nokia N8.

Got it for Xmas, not that old....

I had set up mail accounts and my home wireless and everything worked fine....

...I'm back at University now and so I set up my wireless there but it doesn't work. I've had a look at settings but  it doesn't seem to work....

...Also the WAP doesn't seem to work now, I cannot connect to t-mobile internet or anything. I'm not 100% sure why. I get the message "Web 'n' Walk Unable to perform operation".

I've done a factory reset to restore all settings. But that hasn't done anything.

Can anyone help me out? It's really annoying as the phone has been amazing up until now.

Cheers,

Moderator's Note:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
HiaHiaHia

Re: Nokia N8 (On T-Mobile) - No internet/WAP Works

1. your university wifi may use 802.1x, not 802.11b/g/n used in your home.

2. for tmobile internet, do you have data plan from tmobile? if yes, try to change your vpn to one of them shown in this page:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs

Please use plain text.
BlueElephants

Re: Nokia N8 (On T-Mobile) - No internet/WAP Works

Same problem for me, my university has a 802.1X wifi network, which requires to enter a username and a password if you want to join it.

My N8 doesn't ask me for anything, and therefore can't join the network.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.