Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Problems

Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Re: Nokia N8 Problems

If it won't restart take it to a nokia care point

they will fix it under warenty,

there is no way for you to recover a bricked phone, and the multi fingered option is not advisable on S3 handsets at the moment

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
damianxoxo

HI, I have got a problem. I 've been listening to music on my Nokia N8 and While trying to put my phone in my pocket i droped it. Now I can only listen to music or talk while being on headphones. Even if I have unpluged my headphones the little icon on my phone screen still appears, have you got any clue how to fix it ?

Regards

Damianxoxo

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sweetestsin_nhd

hi im using nokia n8, whn i want 2 sign in for facebook its showing uninstall communities and install, plz somebody kindly tell how its unistall and install communities for nokia n8 plz.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sario

Hi, I bought my N8 in the Philippines last November 2010.  It worked well until I discovered that

it's CALL function malfunctions when I am using it outdoor under the sun. The screen blacks out with as if it is switched off.  However, it will immediately goes back to normal once I enter a shaded area or better a building or a house. No problem in the evenings. My problem is that I am a Project Engineer and I am usually under the sun in the project site. Any recommended solution for this "solar sensitive" unit?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vhuyi

I have had my Nokia N8 for 6 months and I love it too, but it gives me a lot of problems. Firstly I can’t find my pictures where my pictures are suppose to be, then when I try to update the software it gives an error message. When I try to download wall papers all I get are error messages. I have tried rebooting, restarting and restoring factory settings; I don’t know what else to do. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia N8 Problems- blank screen

I've had my N8 for about 4 weeks, it has all the up dates, but now a problem that I didn't notice before is that sometimes when I receive a call the screen doesn't light up and I can't answer it. I keep trying to wake the phone up -which it does but something is wrong. Or when I make a call the screen goes blank [dead] and I can't hit any buttons.  Please help.

Please use plain text.
Rajeev143

Nokia N8 Problems

Hi,

I am using N8 from the past one year..Yesterday Suddenly my mobile is switched off automatically.Ater doing some research,I found the  problem is when I am trying to inserting sim(while accessing network) showing "phone will restatr"--After that the phone is continuosly switch off and swithch on automatically upto the battery down..I went to nearest Authorised nokia care Deccan Mobiles Hyderabad.After  2 days of there research they are saying "we are not able to resolve the issue"..what we have to do in this situation..Can anyone please help me out resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help in advance..

Please use plain text.
kelyca66yu

Re: Nokia N8 Problems Skype

I have a problem I updated Nokia N8 and now I have Symbian Belle, software version 111.030.0609 product code 059D1W3 is anybody knows why Skype not work in this software.I need a help please reply someone....Thanks 

Please use plain text.
simonel31

[ Edited ]

Hi, I bought my N8 in the Philippines last November 2010.  It worked well until I discovered that

it's CALL function malfunctions when I am using it outdoor under the sun. The screen blacks out with as if it is switched off.  However, it will immediately goes back to normal once I enter a shaded area or better a building or a house. No problem in the evenings. My problem is that I am a Project Engineer and I am usually under the sun in the project site. Any recommended solution for this "solar sensitive" unit?

Have the same problem for a year now....if you got the fix please forward it to me Thanx
simonel@wicomcc.co.za

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hemant_24

I am using my Nokia N8 with Belle... Currently i am facing a strange issue on device. When i am trying to connect my phone via USB, my phone charges (as normal), but PC doesnt detects it. Also, tried this on many of my friends laptop, but results are same. Phone Charges, but it doenst detects via Nokia Suite or Mass Storage. May i know, what might be the issue and how do i need to fix it ?

Thanks,

Hemant Unune

Proud owner of Nokia N8 with Nokia Belle.
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Please use plain text.
gulzeb

Mass problum

[ Edited ]

noka n8 show mass memory n use any solution plz.

Moderator's note: Mentioning of unofficial methods removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saman_traxtor

Hello
I have problem with my nokia internet radio.when i am going to strat this program and listen to the radio statin there is a problem.
There is a massege like this :connection time out
I checked my internet connection and i understood there is no problem with my internet connection.
Please help me .i living in turkey.this program is really usefull for me.
Please use plain text.
nicolascatalano

hello,

sorry to write in this post, but do not understand where.

I recently bought a nokia n8 in Argentina, my country, and from that I have not stopped giving me problems, I do not receive calls, or hang, the signal is so bad, internet does not work, I'm very descepcionado truth. 

I called the company that bring me  the cell phone service and I they sayid the problem is NOKIA. Reading and asking  discover that all that use  Nokia N8 have teh same problem. But when Icommunicate with Nokia Argentina literally  they washed  hands. The truth is far from satisfactory providing assistance here, leaving a very bad off as important as multinational NOKIA .. No longer to turn, so I thought that maybe someone here give attention to me. Thanks for your time!

Please use plain text.
n8issues

Sometimes after I off my phone, Nokia N8 & later on it, the screen freezes on the connecting hands image. why is that ? it has happened to me 3 times already. So what I did was hold the power button, as people say, until it vibrates about 3 times, & then the phone switches off.

After waiting for a while, I switch the phone on. 

This has happened 3 times. Is there any other solution, other than 'hard reset' ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

I'd stay away from the hard reset, it can cause more problems than it solves on the N8.

have you tried re-installing the firmware using Nokia Suite, on the Check for updates screen there is an option to Re-install the firmware.

You could also try the Factory re-sets under settings/phone/phone management.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
vasiliskir

i have a strange problem too and can't do anything about it..my n8 turned off suddenly(thought it was empty battery),but when i turned it on,after the nokia sign,it turns off again..tried again and again and i can keep it on only if sim's out!!(i tried the sim in an other mobile and it works..any ideas???

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

I seem to remember people having trouble with older Sim cards a while ago, even though they worked in other phones and a new Sim solved the problem.

Have you tried putting another Sim in, preferably a newish one.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
phonesshould

Dear all,

I have 02 nokia phone one is N8 and other is N97, both phones aren't working well. In N8 there is lots of problems but one is most important when I call, msg, play game, watch video, or anything at the same time the msg pop up on my screen and it says "PLEASE INSERT SIM CARD PHONE WILL BE RESTART" this error comes unlimited times. I carried my phone at nokia store but no solution could be possible, I restored it many times but there is no effect I updated my phone so many times but problem is still as it is. In N97 there is a problem screen doesn't work properly I replaced it at nokia store aftewards problem is same, bluetooth isn't working and now voice speakers doesn't work when I get a call.

my suggestions to all of you:

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY NOKIA PHONE AT ANY COST IT MAY BE CAUSE TO YOU AGGRESSIVE SOMETIME FEEL UPSET AND YOU WILL THINK GET THIS PHONE ON DUSTBIN...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stainnlless

Can sombody from nokia tell me officially how to clear my c drive on my nokia n8? and why when i uninstall an app i keep getting update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stainnlless

i agree with you 100% nokia only cares about the persons using lumia and not n97 or n8 i will be going android if they cant tell me how to clear my c memory
Please use plain text.