Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288 - Not recognized b...

Advisor
eioua

Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288 - Not recognized by NSU

HI All,

Nokia Care Center here in the Philippines changed my motherboard toi fix the power failure of my N8. The IMEI is new, the product code is also new ; 059B288.

Trying to use this product yields a negative result using the Can I Update? link in the Nokia webpage. My product code is not recognized. NSU and OVI SUITE...

My question is, CAN I STILL GET THE UPCOMMING FIRMWARE UPGRADE with that unrecognized product code???? Coz what i know, firmwares are tied to product codes......

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288 - Not recognized by NSU

updates are region specific and by product codes and if your phone is branded you may have to wait longer until the operator approves the update

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
endaf

Just had a look for 059B288 as product code for N8, cant find it!! Doesnt exist.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

What could be the meaning of this???? Is nokia playing a trick on me? Providing a false product code?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

Mods, any updates on this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

check here as mentioned it may not be ready yet thats why it may not be found

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Feurope.nokia.com%2Fsupp...

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

That's the problem. Try using another product, it will tell yout the version of the firmware where it is attached. But my product code, it tells nothing. It's like it is not existing in Nokia's Data Base
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

eioua wrote:

HI All,

Nokia Care Center here in the Philippines changed my motherboard to fix the power failure of my N8. The IMEI is new, the product code is also new ; 059B288.

059B288 = light swap eng 900 

Whether this has to do with re-configuring transceiver datapackage for your part of the world, I am not certain.

Please bear in mind that with Symbian^3 delivering updates via SW application on device, it is no longer so rigidly tied to product code as previous OS.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

Thanks for your input... But why is it not recognized by Nokia's Own Data base?

Can you assure me that even if I have this product code, I will still be getting updates for My phone?

I'm kinda worry right know, coz what I know, firmware updates are tied on product codes....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you will get updates YES

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

let's just wait and see ...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

Mods, any clarifications, thoughts about this? Please address!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

This appears to be a product code assigned to handsets that have been returned to nokia to have the mother board replaced due to the freezing issue

My Orange UK CV N8 is showing this refurb product code and a new IMEI number from when it went in, yet it's still the same handset that was returned (some data survived and the case is definatly the same)

So far all of the small updates that have been released have been available

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

If the product code is a newer variant, it may not be yet added to the database used by the web site.

Two other methods to check for updates are via the 'Over The Air' update facility in the device and via Ovi Suite, both of which connect directly to the update servers for information.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

Got the Update PR 1.1 :smileyhappy: Yeah!!!! using this unknown product code. Thanks Mod :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

from where

I have the same prioduct code for the same reason on what was once an unbranded orange uk cv

and neither NSU or ota show an available update

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

You have naturally tried going via the *#0000# screen as well here?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

aspergerguy wrote:

You have naturally tried going via the *#0000# screen as well here?

OTA ??

yes nothing,

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I have a product with a changed code and still waiting for update. Seems UK is lagging behind as to rest of world. Eioua, glad your update came through, and before me!
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

Maybe it means that SW updates are not that tied to product code but dependent on the market. Since we have the same product code 059B288, but we are in different region, that suggest that SW Updates is market dependent. That's my guess. What I dont have right now is the updated OVI Store and Social App. It is not showing in my SW update application..

Please use plain text.