Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8, RM-596 Symbian^3 Keyboard and Font -...

Registered Member
AnwarOsilli

Re: Nokia N8, RM-596 Symbian^3 Keyboard and Font - Language Support

Hi,

can this work with Arabic Language, if yes please from where i can download Arbic language? and what should i do?

any help please...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Dear AnwarOsilli,

Welcome to the Discussion Boards!

You can have the Arabic language added to your phone in the Nokia Care Point.

Kind regards,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

By default, Nokia font already supports Arabic display.

You can use Swype and Arabic Swype available via Nokia Beta Labs.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/swype-for-symbian-2-0/download_and_installation

http://betalabs.nokia.com/c?n=11496&t=http%3A%2F%2Fnds2.betalabs.nokia.com%2FSwype%2FSwypeArabicDict...

AnwarOsilli wrote:

Hi,

can this work with Arabic Language, if yes please from where i can download Arbic language? and what should i do?

any help please...

Please use plain text.
n8blu

Hi, I just bought a US version N8 few days ago and would like to follow the step by step guide (from message 197 on this thread) to install CJK Fonts to the phone. However, I have a few questions about this procedure:

1. Can I install the latest versions of QT and OviStore to get the CJK Fonts work on the phone? If yes, where can I download them from?

2. I am wondering if anyone who had successfully installed the CJK Fonts has any problems to use it after upgrading the firmware to Anna?

3. I am thinking of installing Anna first and skip the steps in my first question, then follow the steps to install CJK Fonts, will this work?

I read all the messages of this lengthy thread and couldn't find the answers related to my questions. Any suggestion/guidance is appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

[ Edited ]

1. If your N8 is already running Anna, you don't need to update QT and OviStore. Just copy the CJK fonts to the Resource\Fonts folder in the Mass Memory or the Memory Card.

2. No problems using the CJK fonts on Anna.

3. Yeah it will work.

Please use plain text.
daviddahra

Hi every body 

I have a problem with my nokia N8 it's the arabic language and now I live in Africa in Nigeria but the area where I now no get Nokia costumer care it's Gombe city and I try do update for my N8 it do but the language never entar in it so if can help me to send link of  the language or put new update getting arabic or any idea send it to my E-mail please

thank for avery body intraste

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Give /t5/Xseries/Nokia-X6-Chinese-fonts/td-p/759315 a shot. IIt only works if u need Chinese Input and Font Display in a hurry. I think will work with others too somehow.

Once u restart ur fone, may look like English swas written in Chinese. Cuz that the only way u can do it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I wonder if Symbian Belle will give us the full Character Set for a Universal Unicode Font... I am tired of editing fonts!

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Korean Language Nokia Anna/Belle Keyboard. Here is a solution!!!!

Even if Swype does not have Korean yet...

Here's a solution... ;-)

Swinput – Korean / English virtual keyboard for Symbian ^3 / Anna / Belle

http://shootspeak.com/2011/09/17/swinput-korean-english-virtual-keyboard-for-symbian-3-anna/

http://cafe.naver.com/swforge.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleList.nhn%3Fsearch.clubid=22011985%26search.men...

Just found it today!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
millicurie

I just updated my N8 (US edition) to Belle and have lost CJK.  I had followed your instruction to have Chinese font in Anna but now it's gone.  For a world phone manufacturer, Nokia really thinks with their A$$.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

[ Edited ]

You probably installed it on the E drive (Mass memory). When you updated to Belle, the CJK fonts doesn't get backed up and therefore got erased during the update process.

Just recopy it again.

I copied mine to the F drive (Memory card) so when I updated to Belle, the CJK fonts was left untouched.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Yes... weird. After Belle, I can read Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese, not Korean. 

I removed the fonts from F:\Resource\Fonts to see what would happen... and the phone N8 US Variant had Chinese and Japanese but not Korean.... so something has changed here. 

Gonna see what is wrong...

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Are you able to read Korean with these fonts? Did you place in E or F?

esanker wrote:

You probably installed it on the E drive (Mass memory). When you updated to Belle, the CJK fonts doesn't get backed up and therefore got erased during the update process.

Just recopy it again.

I copied mine to the F drive (Memory card) so when I updated to Belle, the CJK fonts was left untouched.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

I checked and I'm not able to read Korean. My fonts are on F.
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

esanker wrote:
I checked and I'm not able to read Korean. My fonts are on F.

That means this method is no longer honoured in Symbian Belle....

Sorry... we will have t find another way....

I only know of another way but it is not warranted by Nokia and I am investigating stuff right now, hopefully, this will lead somewhere fruitful....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

At least, I can still read Japanese that is what is most important to me.
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

esanker wrote:
At least, I can still read Japanese that is what is most important to me.

Belle uses Font Linking by Monotype which is used by Qt. The Belle UI s Qt based, hence the change.

Qt still reads Z:\, C:\ E:\ anf F:\ but does not load the font because the FONT LINKING file is missing. 

Nokia have defult Chinese (Simp. & Trad.), Japanese and Korean Fonts. They are just not installed in the device and the Font Linking file is per device. I bet you have one font linking file like mine. I have N8 US Variant 059D111.

So I see SImp. Chinese, Trad. Chinese, Japanese but not Korean because maybe s60sc_c.ttf contains all of these at 3,254 KB.  But Korean is 2,972 KB (series60korean.ttf) is not included.

All the Korean Combination Glyphs takes up a lot of the font table... so all we need is to think how to get this Font Linking file into the system to make it read Korean....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zellis1

Registered User Join Date Dec 2009 Posts 2
Note to Admin and mod:I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. Please shift it, if it's not. Thank.

Anyone going to develop some application to read and write Japanese for Nokia S60 phone brought outside Japan? I know there is some long 3rd party instruction to copy, replace some file. I'm not a good programmer, I'm just a user.

It's getting really frustrated. I brought the phone in Singapore which don't bother to support Japanese. But the email which come from my Head office in Japan are all in Japanese.

I'm a Japanese in Singapore. I need the phone to be able to read and write Japanese. I'm always going to my client office thus I need to be able to read and reply to my head office email.

Anyone can help
Nokia Developer Moderator Join Date Sep 2004 Location Tampere, Finland Posts 11,208
Hi Princess_SF

Phones sold in various parts of the world support the main languages spoken in that area + English. It is true, every now and then we see the case that users in that area need another language but that is not a very frequent case and the need is not common enough to justify adding a new language to the default list.

You have two solutions:
a) buy a phone from Japan, it will support Japanese
b) take your current phone to the closes Nokia Care service point and ask whether it is possible for your phone to be flashed with Japanese firmware variant

Forum Nokia is a site for software developers and software development issues. For info and discussions about Nokia products please visit http://www.nokia.com/support (you can find there info about the nearest service point) and http://www.nokia.com/discussions
-- Lucian

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?188354-Japanese-Input-output-supp...

Look at how a developer in Finland viewed the situation in this old post from 2009. "not a very frequent case" !!! It's usesless banging my head against such kind of wall!!

Eventually I will have to break down and return to BlackBerry or get an iPhone.  :smileysad:

Using N8 Belle w/ PlusJ for Japanese input
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zellis1

I was using my company Blackberry for work, but it got stolen, so now I'm back on the old N8. I love the N8 but it is not good for Japanese support.
I just downloaded Swype yesterday, but still trying to figure out how to make it do Japanese input...>sigh<
Using N8 Belle w/ PlusJ for Japanese input
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

zellis1 wrote:
I was using my company Blackberry for work, but it got stolen, so now I'm back on the old N8. I love the N8 but it is not good for Japanese support.
I just downloaded Swype yesterday, but still trying to figure out how to make it do Japanese input...>sigh<

plusj.kthree.co.jp.

A) Google PlusJ. It is not FREE. But you can Input Japanese.

B) Belle (at least mine) came with Japanese Character Support. Mine is a N8 North American Variant.

Please use plain text.