Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Sim Card Issue

Advisor
christoforous

Nokia N8 Sim Card Issue

Hello, I have a nokia n8 that is 5 months old and the sim card is not being identified, i sent the unit in for warranty repair per nokia telephone customer support but i just received word that they will not repair my phone. It is coming back in the same condition.

I want to know if there is any thing else i can do or am i just out of $400? i am contacting nokia about a possible replacement but if that dont work does anyone know how hard it would be to replace the sim card slot on the mainboard.

I have seen pics and vids of the slot on the mainboard but no pics good enough for me to tell how the sim slot  is connected to the mainboard. at this point warranty is worthless so what will i be voiding by opening the unit? any help is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia N8 Sim Card Issue

@christoforous

Unfortunately upon the forum it is prohibited to post schematics or discuss disassembly, any iteration of which will most likely be deleted by the moderators.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
christoforous

i am open for suggestions.....moderated or not.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may be open for suggestions, but as mentioned by aspergerguy we can't do that on this Forum as per the guidelines. BTW, you have not mentioned if you have tried other SIM card or not...and did Nokia Care give any reason why they can not reair the phone ? If you are not satisfied with their explaination, use the 'Contact Us' tab at the top of this page to report this issue to NOKIA.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
christoforous

i wemt thru the whole scharade of diff sims, resets ....blah, blah...sent unit into warranty...had it back in a few days...note said warranty os voided because i abused my phone....lol...NOT TRUE. I have otterbox cover and clear film over the screen. since i have no warranty, i opened it, btw..waranty did not, i flund some of the sim pns broken. I ordered two new slots, will be here in three weeks, reassembled the phone and im replying with this message from it(gotta luv wifi)

at this point, i have agreat camera and internet tablet that made calls and texts for five months and now NOKIA WARRANTY left me holding the bag, there is very little info on the n8 but i did manage to get a schematic, i know some people use jumpers to bypass a bad ic circuit, i sure would loke an outcome like that or have nokia send me a new phone
Please use plain text.