Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 Social Widget gone after reset

Contributor
dar3d3vil1984

Nokia N8 Social Widget gone after reset

Hi, I recently reinstall the nokia n8 fw but after installing it the nokia social widget gone from the homescreen but present in application when I try to put social widget manually to homescreen then it is not present in the homescreen widget list please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dar3d3vil1984

Problem Solved

1. uninstall the social from the application manger.

2. Then download the social app from the site http://nmota.messaging.nokia.com/clients/Social_1_2_update.sisx

3. Install it .

4. Restart the phone and manually add the social from the home screen widget.

Please use plain text.
usintheuk

I have followed the instructions but still the application does not work.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abirsharda

Does your Social app say "Service is not available Please try again later"..??

Please use plain text.
usintheuk

Yes I get the message "Service is not available Please try again later" It is not device specific as I get the same on my wife phone.

Please use plain text.
saraho6a

I uninstall and reinstall Social but after that I have again this Script Allert "Sorry, please uninstall and reinstall Communities" ...

What should I do cause I am one step to go and take my money back it's full with bugs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
denisstadler

I have the same issue. 

NOKIA WHY HAVE YOU MARKED THIS AS SOLVED????

Please use plain text.
gizinho

I have exactly the same problem!!!

Please somebody help us!!

Please use plain text.
rockyb42

I lost the use of my social network app after a factory restore, so I carried out the instructions and downloaded the link through my PC to my N8 and now I have the full use of the app once more. Thank you for your help which is more than I can say for Nokia:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zayooona

it worked....thank you very much....you just have to install it threw the Ovi sute.....

Please use plain text.
shroffbhavesh

it give unable to install

Please use plain text.
shroffbhavesh

[ Edited ]

Hi, I recently reinstall the nokia n8 fw but after installing it the nokia social widget gone from the homescreen but present in application when I try to put social widget manually to homescreen then it is not present in the homescreen widget list please help.,

after downloading from the give web..

it just give that

uable to install

please help me as soon as poss..

*****************- bhavesh

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your contact number or any other personal information publicly on this forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Message edited by Aikin19

Please use plain text.
shroffbhavesh

[ Edited ]

after downloading from the give web..

it just give that

uable to install

please help me as soon as poss..

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your contact number or any other personal information publicly on this forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Message edited by Aikin19

Please use plain text.
venuswar83

hi .....i uninstalled the social app and i  fallowed the link ....if i fallow the link by the browser in the phone ...page not found....and when i fallowed with the computer and then i transfer it to my phone the app didnt downloadand i have the message''unable to installe''

and if i rest or format the n8 when its open allready i have the message''widget not found i gess

so please help me to solve it ...thanks

Please use plain text.
granne

I had a problem with connection and the Nokia support suggested that i should reinstall the phone. Unfortunately the procedure neither fixed the original problem or restore the phone at least to the same state as before. The social widget dissapeared totally and the above mentioned remidies didn't work out on my phone so now I have a phone still with the connection problem and in addition the lack of the social widget. Thank you support....

Please use plain text.
GuruOlli

Thank you so much for this advice. Removing the Social application. A boot and a re-install via Ovi Suite  worked in my case. After this the Social (Yhteisöt in Finnish case) was visible on the home screen selection.  Now my N8 rocks again ! Love it.

Please use plain text.
madyam40

Hi dar3d3vil1984 I've just followed your advise & instructions to reinstalling the "Social Widget" for my Nokia N8 and it worked perfectly so I'd like to say thanks for your help. I restored the phone to factory setting a while ago & like everyone else on here who has done that say's they've lost the Social Widget (Facebook) However I'd like to know where or what website you got the widget download from?

Thanks again for your help

Madyam40

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nbrown21

I don't see how this is solved, as for me this hasn't worked.

I reset my N8 to the factory defaults on the phone and lost the social widget from my homescreen.  Reinstalling it from the website given didn't work, with the error message "Unable to install" appearing.

Reinstalling it via Ovi Suite restored the application back to the phone, but it's still missing from the home screen.

So if anyone has a *working* way to solve this, then please help.

And there's a message to Nokia too - If you do have a "Restore " feature into your phone, please, make it restore it as it is supposed to, rather than leaving it in a worse state than it was before the restore.

Please use plain text.
htainlintha

I got an error message like Sorry,you need to uninstall and install the communities. I've uninstalled and re-install 2 or 3 times,but still like dat,how may I do?

Please use plain text.
granne

I have the same problem and the solutions the Nokia support gave me was to either hand the phone in to service "to get a proper restore" or wait for the system upgrade that is coming "soon".

Please use plain text.