Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Symbian Anna Update Problem!!

KizzleB

Nokia N8 Symbian Anna Update Problem!!

Iv'e just updated my Nokia N8 to the latest firmware (Symbian Anna), Upon completion the internet (both 3G and Wifi) doesn't connect. (Connection Failure).

My Wifi remains 'Known' and when i select it, it doesn't connect.

Any Ideas?

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arczi10

Re: Nokia N8 Symbian Anna Update Problem!!

I have this same problem it's annoying ;/ please Nokia help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ynotna7

After the symbian anna update!!! internet is not working!!! i am able to use the nokia chat is working good.

unable to log into OVI store or to intenet and my web browser is not  opening up!!!

any help would be appreciated!!!  N8 battery backup was a big disappointment!!! so was awaiting for symbian Anna  but again a disappointment. currently using my nokia 1108 as it is much reliable!!!

KizzleB wrote:

Iv'e just updated my Nokia N8 to the latest firmware (Symbian Anna), Upon completion the internet (both 3G and Wifi) doesn't connect. (Connection Failure).

My Wifi remains 'Known' and when i select it, it doesn't connect.

Any Ideas?

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
devarajanp

Reinstalling Anna through Ovi resolved the issue for me. I got the connection problem after I restored my applications. Wondering if any of the apps caused it!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
devarajanp

I still have the Update 1/2 error though!!!
Please use plain text.
Djera

I have this same problem....Any help?

Please use plain text.
sstar2211

I used to have this problem. Here's how I solved:

1. Firstly, delete all connections in Destination.

2. Set up again 3g internet connection with your operator.

3. Connect to a home wifi. If it don'y work, restart then connect again.

Finally it works like before. OMG !!! ^_^

Please use plain text.
PerttiK

I had similar problem with my C7.

I just moved all destinations under internet to wap and then back.

Works just like before update.

Please use plain text.
KizzleB

[ Edited ]

My Wifi works but still no 3g

I tried to delete the Access points but they won't go. When I delete them they remain.

Im getting very frustrated with nokia that the moment. Since I got this phone I've had non stop problems with it.

I just fixed the Ovi Store problem and now this? I just want to browse the internet like I did before 

the Anna Update. 

Any help would be very appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Define a new Packet-Data (GPRS) accesspoint in destinations. Check your provider website for the right gprs settings.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

KizzleB wrote:

My Wifi works but still no 3g

I tried to delete the Access points but they won't go. When I delete them they remain.

Have you tried re-running the settings wizard?

Menu>Applications>Tools>Sett. wizard

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nilesh_N8

Iv'e updated my Nokia N8 to the latest firmware (Symbian Anna) on 20-Aug at Nokia care. Upon completion the internet (both GPRS and Wifi) doesn't connect. (Connection Failure).

My Wifi shows connected but when i select it, it doesn't connect.  No internet/apps works.  Even tried net thru Opera, but still problem exists.

Please help.

NNJ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nilesh_N8

After the symbian anna update Internet is not working. Unable to log into OVI store or to intenet and my web browser is not  opening up!  Neither GPRS nor Wifi is working.  Tired creating new destinations/acces points many times, but all failed.

Internet & apps are down because of connectivity.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
drum

Hello

I have problem with my N8 after updating anna.

My phone does not recognize the name of the callers which phone numbers in phone book starts 86xxxxxxx (Lithuania), it only recognizes  caller which phone number starts with +3706xxxxxxxx (Lithuania). What could be the problem?Please help.

P.S. In dailed/missed/answered call history the names of the callers are shown. 

Please use plain text.
dbpTs

hi everybody.

Good luck getting Nokia to reply... I had the same problem as all of you and Nokia's explination is that this symbian anna update is not the full update, only certain phones were supposed to get the update hence why it works well on some and **bleep** on others. they say you can wait till the end of the month when they said it would be released or you can take your phone to a nokia care centre and they will install the software for you. another problem they are having is a manufacture defect that wont accept the update. nokia could not update my phone and it died while they were doing it. but its chilled if that happens because they are replacing the phone to a newly shipped model with anna already loaded.

I hope this can help all those who are angry with nokia for putting out a half arsed version of what should be thier flagship software on their falgship phone. we can only hope the thumbs are pulled out and things get better! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hienar

I have this same problem:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
psidney1

I would like to try your solution but when I try to move an access point I keep getting the "unable to edit protected settings" warning.

Any idea on how to get around this restriction?

Thanks,

psidney1

PerttiK wrote:

I had similar problem with my C7.

I just moved all destinations under internet to wap and then back.

Works just like before update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adilip1

Thanks a ton boss!!! Very precise & timely :smileyhappy:...thanks once again

Please use plain text.
musichound29

Hiii Did you find the solution to your problem yet? I'm having the same issue here and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dannywheat

i have updated recently to the same Anna update and found i had the same connection problems, i went to my operator thinking it was there issue and was advised to call them and ask for themultimedia and internet connections message, which they sent me and now my internet does connect however many other apps still wont including Ovi store and Ovi maps...... This is just the most frustrating phone ive ever had!!!! SORT IT PLEASE NOKIA

Please use plain text.