Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 Touch screen problems

briareos

Nokia N8 Touch screen problems

unfortunatly fromm the moment i got my new N8 out of its box the touch screen didnt seem to work. vrey slowly SOME things have started working when they want to. howeaver if you click 'call' i still cant enter any number other than 2,5 and 0

on the homescreen some areas just seem dead altogether no matter how many times u try to click on something, it deosent even vibrate or highlight the widgets/apps u try to use :smileysad:

must admit i am not impressed :smileysad:

if anyone can offer me any genuine advise on how to fix this i would apreciate it. but ti be honest it should have just worked out of the box

Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

Re: Nokia N8 Touch screen problems

Your description can only have one conclusion: Give it back to the dealer, it i defective. Get a new one as replacement. The touchscreen of the N8 is very responsive and works very well.
N8-00 with orange case, loving it

If my post was helpfull, click on the white star and give me an KuDo ;-)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You could try a hard reset, but if it doesn't work the handset will need to be repaired/replaced via a Nokia Care Point :smileysad:

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/How-To-Hard-Reset-N8/m-p/772128

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
briareos

i am currently waiting for my service provider to get things sorted there end, apparantly they havent got support for the N8 yet becouse its so new, or at least thats what they say. i definatly want a new one, i just cnat beleive it was broken to start with :smileyhappy: i always think of nokia phones as being built like tanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I sell New Cars and even a new Porsche Or Rolls Royce can have a problem that's why they have a warranty, you've just been unlucky, if it's a faulty screen or anything physical the phone will need repair or replacement, get your 'support' from Nokia, and give your supplier some stick !!!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n8touchproblems

can someone help fix my nokia n8 touch screen problems......it was working perfectly fine but i thought updating the os and while doing so it freezed for couple of hours and got tired of waiting and unplugedthe phone and since then the touch screen seems to be not working at all at times. please any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi N8touchproblems,

Have a read of this and let us know how you get on: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/3981...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jondotcom

I'd recommended the N8 to a friend looking for a good imaging phone that is not very expensive, and could get data without the high cost Smart Phone data plans.

He purchased a new one on Amazon, and within about a week it experienced a completely non-responsive touch screen. I used it myself, and sure enough it didn't respond whatsoever.

He returned it for a replacement, and the replacement unit works fine. I'd agree with the recommendation to do an exchange, as there is no sense trying to troubleshoot such a major issue if it is possibly a hardware problem.

Please use plain text.