Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 : Unable to deactivate power saving m...

Counsellor
ketanvc

Nokia N8 : Unable to deactivate power saving mode & more

[ Edited ]

1) Unable to deactivate power saving mode....

2) Nokia Store : Connection error though wifi is on & connected... says mobile data off....

3) Every time i restart the phone it says - system error

Nokia guys, please please please, provide solution.......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia N8 : Unable to deactivate power saving mode & more

@ketanvc

As regards (2) what happens if you open browser > tap three horizontal line icon at bottom right of screen > Settings > General > Access point - change temporarily to "Ask when needed".

Nokia Store should utilise whatever = Priority 1 in Internet destinations - settings > connectivity > settings > network destinations > internet

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Personally I would reset the phone and reinstall the latest software again, as for turning off powersave try installing Battery Monitor and using that ?

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
start78

1) See second half of second answer: Try nokia battery monitor.

2) See first half of first answer: Store client uses access method of symbian browser. Has to be changed there. Doesn't have to be „Ask when needed”.

3) Did you try pressing and holding power button for more than 8 seconds (until phone vibrates three times short)? Has the same effect as removong the battery on other phones. If that doesn't work: Remove each 3rd party app one by one and try restart after each one start with apps running in background (e.g. Whatsapp). Beware: Some paid apps can only be downloaded limited times! If that doesn't work: Reinstall firmware through ovi/nokia-suite.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Tried Nokia Battery Monitor, it doesn't work...

Now trying the power button option....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Pressing the power button for 8 sec also didnt work.....

Will I have to uninstall all the apps and then reinstall the firmware and apps...??? Its a very long and tidious process. 

The major problem than would be to take back-up of messages (SMS) especially those which are saved in our folders. Once I did the back-up and reinstalled the firmware and then restored the back-up contents and all the contacts were duplicated....

Anyway,  lets see, how long I can strech this out..

Thanks guys for the replies...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Ketanvc,

if you are still having problems even after re-installing firmware / updating to newer firmware, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Formatted the E-Drive (Mass Memory) and re-installed the software. Still not able to deactivate the power saving mode. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.