Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 and Microsoft Apps

Contributor

Nokia N8 and Microsoft Apps

HI,

after getting my N8 back from repair, I want to reinstall everything.

I have SW 111.040.1511 installed.

Now, when I got to store and try to install Microsoft Apps, it stops during installatin and says that I can continue using the smart installer icon. But that also fails

Does someone have an idea how to solve ?

Br, Oliver

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Re: Nokia N8 and Microsoft Apps

Hi osimon,

Thank you for your post, it could be a memory issue. Please ensure at least 45mb free space on phone memory as this app requires around this amount of space.

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have 61,3 MB free on C Drive.

As I use normally E and F drive for msuic, photos, what can I do to empty more space.

Any other tip why installation fails ?

br, Oliver

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Hi osimon,

A user had resolved the same issue by disabling is anti-virus (Kaspersky) which was blocking the update. Try to disable your anti*virus and retry the update.

Let us know how you're getting on

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont use any antivirus SW on my N8.

Or do you mean PC ? I install Microsoft Apps directly from Store on the N8

Br, Oliver

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

[ Edited ]

Hi Oliver,

I had the same error when trying to install Microsoft Apps from Nokia Store on my N8 Belle Refresh in Denmark.

A few days later it appeared in software updates in Nokia Suite and installed from there without problems (it takes about 20 minutes to complete!) - it never appeared in software updates on my phone, only in Nokia Suite.

You may need to uninstall the "Smart installer" from the list of installed applications to prevent problems. It automatically installs itself if needed later.

@Sergent: While we are at it ... Any news on the MS Skydrive photo upload app? It has been missing for a long time, since it was pulled for unknown reasons.

cheers,

Hans

Please use plain text.
Sage
banlec

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue when using so called 'smart installer' with my 808 PureView when got back from repair. So, I think, 'smart installer' is not so smart. Finally, I managed to install Office apps via Nokia Suite's software update option having selected 'refresh' button at the bottom of that page.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

[ Edited ]

Hi osimon,

I thought your were going throught Nokia Suite because there is no Microsoft apps on Nokia Store last time I checked.

So, please go throught Nokia Suite to install the update, if any issue, try to disable your anti virus.

To , there's no news yet regarding MS Skydrive but you can always use apps like SkyFiles, which is a SkyDrive client for Symbian smartphones. Easily upload and download your images, photos, videos and documents to your SkyDrive.

Hope that helps :smileywink:

Sergent

DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi Sergent,

In my case MS Apps is offered from the Store inside Nokia Suite (and this is where it failed to install from) - but you are right, it is not in the store on the phone or in store.ovi.com in a browser.

I hope the Skydrive app is made officially available later. The fully automated upload of new pictures to the cloud saves me a lot of time.

If I'm to invest in a cloud storage tool then it will be the davi WebDAV client - but Nokia Belle Refresh first has to prove itself capable of everyday use for more than a month without running out of C drive free space (looking good so far).

Best regards,

Hans

MS Apps in Nokia Suite Store

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Divadot2009

Hi There;

After reinstalling my software on my N8 I cannot reinstall Microsoft Apps.  This is really  upsetting me because I really need them for my college work.   I found them invaluable and would like to know if there is a link I can use to get them back?  I have tried the nokia suite but this does not work.

Any help would be really appreciated as I need these apps for my new course which has just started.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
start78

Try installing the store client from betalabs.nokia.com

When i made a hard reset on my N8, i had problems installing some apps. After installing the store client beta all apps installed without problem. I guess the hard reset deleted some QT components that where reinstalled with the client package.

I made two hard resets and both times i first had problems installing some (not all) apps, that where gone after installing the betalabs store client.
Please use plain text.