Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N8 and PC Suite

Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Nokia N8 and PC Suite

Sometime ago, I entered a thread on how to use my N8 with an older version of PC Suite:

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/How-to-use-Nokia-N8-with-PC-Suite-7-1-30-9-apparently-compatible...

I'd like to offer a big Thank You to whoever at Nokia was responsible for the following....

First, I updated my N8 to the 'anna' software.

Then, based on information from others, I installed the latest copy of PC Suite that I could find, version 7.1.62.1.

When the installation finished, and I was told to connect the phone, I connected my N8.

Voila!!!  Everything so far seems to be working!!!

It's nice that those who want it can have Ovi/Nokia Suite, but from my little corner of the world, I'm VERY pleased to have PC Suite back again!

So, somebody, somewhere at Nokia, really DOES listen to the users.   Thanks!