Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Be...

Counsellor
InsanityN8

Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Belle.

Hey. So far so good since the update but the only problem now that i noticed is the battery. Since the update, my phone now consumes more power and i have to charge it at least once every day. Before the update i was charging it every 3 days. Does anyone have an answer for that? Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Belle.

I have the same problem and really disappointed. I made sure to switch off everything but over night the N8 is dead and needs to be recharged.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I will give it one more try today after I reset the phone, if that does not help I will downgrade to Anna again.

Please use plain text.
raja_singh1

Hi, same problem. I am charging it 3times a day , still over the night the phone shuts down. I disabled the wifi also, still nothing. Please advice
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shijusamuel

[ Edited ]

Hi Same problem, previously it holds for three days now it barely holds for one day

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jpasan

Hello. I've got the same problem as well.

I was checking the Nokia Battery Monitor widget and it doesn't work, but it's only version 1.3. The app though which is 2.2 works fine though. Can't you update the widget version?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trisherbell

Re: Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Bellle.

I'm not going mad!! I thought it was me! Since my update a few days ago I thought my battery was draining due to me looking at what was where and changing things a little, like you do when you first get a new phone! I asked the question on a different forum to be told to reinstall, check power saving.......so I thought it was me!! Charged twice yesterday, went to bed with full battery and woke to one bar. Nothing running. What a shame, I love my phones new look, and apart from the battery, a few lost games (no problem) I love the update. Must remember to check its charge before I go anywhere by foot! Maybe will have to put charger in my bag.
Please use plain text.

Same problem with battery draining after upgrading to belle. Battery has run out overnight twice now so no alarm in the morning. Never did this before. I did wounder if it was F-Secure using power so I have turned off and will see if improves!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trisherbell

I turned that off, made no difference that I saw, but maybe you will be lucky!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Battery life is terrible on Belle, i get 3 Hours at the most since the update.........

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
teun

[ Edited ]

Same problem here.. battery life is dramatic since updatre to bell. Need at least one intermediate charge. On anna one full day of 12 hours includign audio streaming, 1 movie and lots of internet and calls.. Now only half a day doing nothing.. cant see what I can do. Same also on the battery level indicator. It is not good and doesnt show percentage anymore..

And I had the lumia changed it for the N8 also because of the terrible battery life on the lumia.. and the bad camera on the lumia (software)..

I am going back to anna if this is not resolved.. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

This is strange. :smileyindifferent:

I have no problems with battery life after upgrading to Belle. When I'm at home I use the wi-fi to surf the web, always listen to music on my phone and make calls constantly. The battery lasts me one day as normal. When I use the 3.5G network to navigate also lasts 1 day. This is approximate, of course, but I mean that the battery lasts exactly the same when she was Anna. :smileyhappy:

The only problem I have is that I get a "1" icon in the top bar that refers to the 'Line in use' and can not remove it. Also missing are some widgets that were filtered official versions: mini music player, calendar, mechanical watch, viewer favorites, world's climate, etc.. :smileyfrustrated:

The music widget for example is very large and uses half of the screen, other widgets are also large. Not happened that Nokia forgot to put the mini-widgets ... :smileyfrustrated:

Greetings from Argentina.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

[ Edited ]

Maybe Nokia upped the processor speed to 800 MHz? :smileylol:

The phone's performance improved dramatically. Everything is fluid. The memory management is much better than Anna. Maybe Nokia has heard the need for users to increase processor speed.

MAYBE... :smileyhappy:

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mittsdad

No problems with Belle at all, including battery usage.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JavierSantoyo

I have the same problem, I updated my software to Belle few days ago, and since then I noticed a dramatic change in my battery charge life, what is happening?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trisherbell

Maybe there will be an update soon to sort this? It's such a dramatic change. And so inconvenient, I am worried that I will be out, without a charger and my phone will die. I made sure it has full battery before I went sleep last night, have woken to one bar!!!! Are night fairies using it all??? I think keeping it plugged in at night is going to have to become a habit, as is plugging in at every (annoying) opportunity. Nokia - I love the Belle update, but what have you done to the battery???
Please use plain text.
Martinth

I also face the same battery problem. I charge the phone and after 2 hours it shows at 80%. Also there are somethings missing that were present in Anna and could have continues with Belle, like battery info, profile change. We could add RSS feeds as widget in Anna. It is no more there. I hope nokia comes up with these improvements in future. Also I had problem with Communicator in Anna which still continues in Belle. It gives error that Server is unavailable. With same setup configuation, it works on Andriod. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
InsanityN8

@LiptonICEI, proccesor cannot be upgraded with an update. it has to be replaced. unless they overclock our phone :smileyvery-happy: which i really doubt it ;p
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Acura69

It really does seem to be just luck of the draw.  On ^3 I could go for days but then Anna brought battery life down to 8 hours; Belle returned it back to ^3 life.  When Anna sucked the life out of my battery, I scoured the web and found many others with the same problem but I also found people who had the opposite effect.

Right now, I am tickled pink that my battery is back to normal but I sympathize with those who are experiencing what I went thru. Hope you can find the answer but I tried every suggestion on the web & nothing got me more than 8 hours:

• Turn off dual mode
  • Turn off screen saver
  • Disable search at startup
  • The only thing I did not do was uninstall the Communicator bc it looked like Nokia Suite would just keep asking me to reinstall it
  • This is also with wifi, 2 email widgets & the social widget running - no bluetooth
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jpasan

My N8 seems much better today, without changing anything.

One charge lasted for over a day and I'm listening to music in the phone most of the day.

I read somewhere than after the update Belle is indexing everything again and that's why initially it spends so much battery. I don't know if it's true though

Please use plain text.