Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Be...

Sage
timmyjo

Re: Nokia N8 battery drainage after updating to Belle.

Does ANYONE know (for sure) if Nokia overclocked the N8's CPU with Belle?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
juhian

Hi All,

i charged my phone on 03/02/2012 and today is 03/05/2012 and phone is still charged... and running.

check if you have any softwared not installed from OVi store that is causing the issue.

i dont have email push notification or facbooks notification installed and regular use 3-5 calls a day for 10-15 mins appx. and checking mails on browser 3-5 times a day.

Regards

K.R

KR
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

juhian wrote:

Hi All,

i charged my phone on 03/02/2012 and today is 03/05/2012 and phone is still charged... and running.

check if you have any softwared not installed from OVi store that is causing the issue.

i dont have email push notification or facbooks notification installed and regular use 3-5 calls a day for 10-15 mins appx. and checking mails on browser 3-5 times a day.

Regards

K.R

I check for updates daily. My fourth Nokia smartphone, I know the drill.

I do have exchange running, but had 15 minute auto check email before Belle. I'm thinking there shouldn't be much difference there. I have a small business so I actually need this feature.

Noticeably better with wifi off, and I can't enable power save option in wifi when on (it will kill my connection). This is suspicious....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
juhian

Hi Timmyjo,

I meant any software downloaded from anyother website other than ovi store not the regular updates. I had some games earlier before belle with Anna and phone crashed so now have only use ovi store downloads..

Regards

KR

KR
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

KR,

I don't really do gaming. I have one app that I "forced" on belle (from OVI store, worked on ANNA). That's about it for OVI stuff. Oh, I have a database app that was never offered for the N8 on OVI. I had it on ALL of my previous phones so the developer gave me an unlimited trial version that has worked on V3, ANNA, and now BELLE.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lordbasil

Update on my battery drain problem

I did a re-set yesterday at 1pm

My battery life has increased to what is was like before upgrading to Belle - Just lost a bit of battery power now (3.20pm) so more than 24 hours has passed!!!!

|If you still have this problem do the re-set (hold power button down for aprox 10 seconds as you turn the phone off until you get a couple of vibrations) and your phone will restart after this.

Hope this is of help

Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

lordbasil wrote:

Update on my battery drain problem

I did a re-set yesterday at 1pm

My battery life has increased to what is was like before upgrading to Belle - Just lost a bit of battery power now (3.20pm) so more than 24 hours has passed!!!!

|If you still have this problem do the re-set (hold power button down for aprox 10 seconds as you turn the phone off until you get a couple of vibrations) and your phone will restart after this.

Hope this is of help

Is that a "hard reset"? Is it the same as*#7370#? Can you compare the change to equal times?

Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Lordbasil,

I somewhat accidentally tried your suggestion. It's not a hard reset. I think it just resets to factory default settings. It enabled my wifi power save option. While that probably helped your phone, it just kills stops my wifi data form flowing. I'll check my battery for better performance, but I doubt this will have made a difference.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CrazyPhone

I tried changing the charger, and it seems worked so far.

Original N8 charger has 800 mA rating, used to take 1.5 hrs to charge fully.

I tested with a old (nokia) charger which has 350 mA rating and it took 2.5 - 3 hrs charging, but it keeps phone standby about 2 days.

If it is the case it's something to do with Belle !

Please use plain text.
jaave_d

I am also facing the same problem of battery drainage with nokia belle. I had updated from anna to belle, before battery last for 2 days but now hardly one day. How can i reverse to ANNA from BELLE using PC Suite.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trisherbell

Mine is much better now, pretty much like before the update now. Such a relief after it being so bad. I did one factory reset, a couple of resets (hold top button til 3 vibrates) and it is fine.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

N8 it has lot me mistakes.
One me them is the very low capacity battery as 1.200mAh this is the 1st problem.
The 2nd problem is the low RAM as 256MB.
The 3rd problem is always when i hear WIFI radio and typing message or surfing to the internet always the phone stacks.
At least if it had 3-4Ah battery i wouldnt mind the other problems that it has.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShahN0kia

FOUND IT!

Ok guys i found solution of this problem, problem is tasks running behind offscreen draining your battery so fast... i downloaded & installed "JBAK TASKMAN" in my mobile, and it showed me all apps draining bettery life and i was literally shocked to saw tht it was HOME-SCREENS draining battery.

For example if you have contacts on one of your home-screen its running behind, if you search bar there or simultaneously log,contacts,messaging,calender,home-screen,widget ui all this apps found on my home-screens so i delete my home-screens and HORRAY! problem solved :heart:

But tht doesn't mean all aaps on home-screen running there like games shortcuts or file manager or setting not all this, you have to download "jbak taskman" for n8 and to see what app there killing your mobile battery :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trojenn

Just when u need to save battery power don't use free apps on your mobile.

Most of them are only free because in return you'll be shown an advert, compared to apps you pay for which don't necessarily have adverts in.

In a recent study researchers found that up to 75% of the app's energy was spent powering the advert.  A large amount of the energy used was spent on finding your location so that it can send you targeted adverts depending on where you are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/17444629

--- Nokia N8......I'm lovin it...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
globethrottle

"FOUND IT!

Ok guys i found solution of this problem, problem is tasks running behind offscreen draining your battery so fast... i downloaded & installed "JBAK TASKMAN" in my mobile, and it showed me all apps draining bettery life and i was literally shocked to saw tht it was HOME-SCREENS draining battery.

For example if you have contacts on one of your home-screen its running behind, if you search bar there or simultaneously log,contacts,messaging,calender,home-screen,widget ui all this apps found on my home-screens so i delete my home-screens and HORRAY! problem solved

But tht doesn't mean all aaps on home-screen running there like games shortcuts or file manager or setting not all this, you have to download "jbak taskman" for n8 and to see what app there killing your mobile battery"

certificaate error....fail...whats the point?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
globethrottle

Anyone noticed that the screen always is dimm lighted even in standby and powersave mode. Would like to see if the non belle version is doing the same. No wonder its consuming battery if this is the case..

Please use plain text.
boskobozinic

how the hell did you manage that?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saniv786

i found solution n8 battery draining problem update after nokia belle...........i try reinstall belle 3 times but no effects............try restore and hard reset no effects in battery life.............and then i charge my n8 about 115 hours...and i saw my battery life back before.now in one charge my n8 gone two day average use.........so fast switch off your n8 the charged it about 15-20 hours ....i am sure u definetly see a major changeing............

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SilvioMReis

I found a solution by doing the same as it’s done with the IPHONE 4. I have to disable 3G and use only the GSM mode. Config > Connectivity > Network -> Network Mode -> change to GSM Or Drop down menu -> Network -> Network Mode -> change to GSM When you want a data connection using 3G, you have to enable 3G. When you finish the data connection you have to disable the 3G to keep your battery life. Using WiFi is a good option too, instead of a 3G data connection. It's boring but now my battery lasts more than 3 days. PS: I'm nome a heavy data user. Regards. Silvio
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DavidN800

My current N8 is less than a year old after having been replaced under a warranty issue. I have been running Belle since the update came out with no issues however, 3 days ago, my battery went dead pretty quickly, so I thought I had just not noticed that it needed cahrging.  I fully charged it in the morning and that night it was dead again. Yesterday I made sure everything that used extra power was shut down, fully charged it again, put it in sleep mode and didn't use it for anything. 14 hours later, it beeped 4 times and shut down. The battery was dead again.  The current phone is less than a year old and I just submitted a form to customer service requesting that they review this matter and advise me if they are going to  replace the battery / phone.   A "smart phone" that can't make it through the day on stand- by is pretty useless.  I am hoping that Nokia will propertly addressed this issue.

Please use plain text.