Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 bluetooth problem

Contributor
Asifbela

Nokia N8 bluetooth problem

hi i ownijh hi i own my nokia n8 for 6 months. i got a bluetooth problem on yesterday. cant send the files through bluetooth anymore and showing sending failed. this **bleep**ing nokia have lot of bugs in it. i'm looking for solution...and i have pr1.2 updated os symbian...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

For reasons that I don't understand, every so often any phone I've had using bluetooth refuses to connect with some other phone.  I'm not sure where the fault comes from.

Before you fully blame your Nokia's bluetooth, try sending files to some other phones.  If you can't send a file to any bluetooth connection, then maybe you do have a problem.

If you can send files to some phones, but not to other(s), then maybe the problem has to do with the other phone. 

If at one point you were able to send files to a particular phone, and then the connection stops working with that phone, I think it means you need to "re-pair" the devices.  I forget how this is done, but I had to do it a month or two ago, and it corrected the problem.

.......bugs!  That's life.  The better and newer a product, the more "bugs" you will find.  If you don't like bugs, it's better to buy something from a few years back, that has had all the bugs worked out.  To me, the N8 has far too many good things going for it, for me to get too upset over the bugs.  I'm still hoping/wishing/expecting a lot of improvements when a new firmware update becomes available (but this means a whole new set of possible bugs to find....)

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

I agree with Mike's experience although I can only comment mostly about bluetooth connections between phones and PC's where I find that occasionally bluetooth devices lose their pairing with them. This even though they may still show as paired on both the PC and the device. I believe this is usually a problem on the PC side.

If this is the problem that you have then deleting the pairing and repairing has always fixed it for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
afdmello

Nokia N8 bluetooth problem with VW vento

I bought N8 and just cant connect it with Volkswagon Vento car model. Nokia lumina is connecting any tips

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Nokia N8 bluetooth problem with VW vento

@afdmello,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions! It could be that the bluetooth versions are not compatible. N8 has blutooth 3.0, Lumia 800 and 710 have bluetooth 2.1. So it could be that N8 is not compatible with the blueooth version of the car.

I would also advice you to reset the hands free unit of the car and trying after that. Try to pair the phone with some other device as well to make sure the bluetooth is working.

you can also try to reset the phone as per instructed here. Try also to reinstall the phone software. The procedure is the same when updating with Nokia Suite, but at the end select "Reinstall".

Hope you get it to work!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
flavionoschese

I'm having serious problems with my N-8 Belle bluetooth.

But I really think it is a Nokia problem.

As a clue, now we see the recent "Car mode" out of the OVI Store, (as it wasn't working for sure).

I've tryed it before and it didn't solve my problems, whose were:

Music didn't work with bluetooth car kit (Parrot 3200 -LS)

Nokia drive didn't work with car kit

Calls worked, but hanged the whole system when the conversation was finished.

It is so unfunctional, that I am having to use my old 5800.

And I couldn't understand the bluetooth 3.0 explanation.

As a USB flash drive 3.0 works fine with a USB 2.0, bluetooth should do the same or use another name as it uses diferent especifications, as greentooth or somehing like that.

Now, I see a lot of complains in the support blogs and I decided to reply.

I'm very disappointed, as the N8 is useless for me if it doesn't work with my car kit.

Note: that  is a very common car kit and a lot of people should be having the same problem.

I would like a clue you working on a fast solution of that real problem.

If it isn't a fast solution in the horizon, I will need another device (or another car).

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi flavionoschese,

Sorry to hear about your issue. As far as I know USB 3.0 is not compatible with USB 1.0. Also for example it is not possible to use a USB 3.0 cable to connect a USB 2.0 device. Bluetooth 3.0 is compatible with bluetooth 2.1 and 2.0, but again as far as I know not with 1.2. 

Different features require different bluetooth profiles. N8 has the following ones: A2DP, AVRCP 1.0, BIP, DUN, FTP, GAP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HSP, OPP, PBAP 1.0, SAP, SPP 1.0. The specific profile needed to use the specific function must be found from both devices.

Nokia cannot quarantee the compatibility with third party devices. If the functions have worked at some point, and you have checked the car kit is working normally, you can try the following actions.

Make a back up with Nokia Suite. Type in *#7780# = soft reset, no data lost.

You can also reinstall the phone software. The process is the same as when updating with Nokia Suite, but at the end select "Reinstall".

If it's still the same, type in *#7370# = hard reset, phone memory will be wiped. Restore back up.

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
flavionoschese

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I've done tour intructions and everything is fine now.

You know, it is working so well !!!

And sorry I'm late.

I've posted it more than a month ago, but I think I've made a mistake and the answer was missed.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Asifbela

Thanks for your nokia discussion.! Finally after a better decision. i switched to Android with 1.5 dual core . No more Nokia until it develops the Better UI and fast processor.. i am a Nokia Lover but not anymore.. I never like the slow. 

Please use plain text.