Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 camera settings is not saved

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 camera settings is not saved

Hey.

I found out that all the camera settings is not saved. For exampel i always want the grid displayed but then i have to turn it on manuelly every time. Same goes for the timer, id like it to be on 2sec so the picture not is taken as you push the button (shaky etc).

Probably more camera settings that not saved havent checked it all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
d7e7r7

Re: Nokia N8 camera settings is not saved

No reply from Nokia on this???
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

nope.... cold hand from nokia as always.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

Ok before you guys go on a rampage and complain please do some research!!! I hate it when people assume something is not there when they don't know anything about it!!!

Anyways first of all for me I never have a problem with my setting being saved, most the time I use my camera for different situations so one save setting won't make a difference so I have no problem make changes.

Second, there is an option called "user defined" in scene mode, that means you can edit it however you want and also can chose it to be the default scene mode, MEANS everytime you turn your camera on it will be that setting, WHOOOAAAA guess Nokia did think about it but again the user couldn't figure it out! So edit it however you want to use it.

As for the 2 sec self timer, well the nokia N8 is designed for a two step snapshot, first you go half way in so it focuses and when your ready you can push it all the way for it to take the picture so you don't really need to have a 2 sec self timer, you can hold the camera button how ever long you want and when your ready then take the picture. if you just push the button all the way the picture will not look sharp, always make sure you go half way in and when the little square line in the center is green then take the picture :smileyhappy:

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Well if you didn't get what i wanted i'll explain again, sure i know about the scene modes and halfway-focus, that was not what I asked for.

Thing is you cant get the "grid" always on saved it will always be off everytime you start the camera application.

And for the self timer, thats not saved either (actually its more stupid than the grid options cuz the self-timer option is forgotten between any two pictures even if you still have camera app running)

If you ever want super focus on some pictures you shall use the self-timer cuz the phone (or DSLR cameras too for that matter) even when using a tripod the camera moves a litle when the button is pressed.

So you are wrong this time, neither of those two options are saved while quiting the camera app!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

[ Edited ]

OK first of all look at this, 333 people viewed your original post and followed by 171, 144 and the last one that you responded 55 people viewed and yet your the only one with this problem lol

Here is the thing, I'm sure nokia had a damn good reason for not letting the grid option be set as default, and if you can't press two buttons to get to it, well that's your own fault for being lazy lol all these people viewed your post and not even one decided to say something, that's probably because no one really have a problem with what your complaining about and I don't count that new user since all her said was "No reply from Nokia on this???" hehe

anyways if nokia makes any changes in their camera setting and give us more options, well GREAT, but right now most people are happy with their N8 camera and its setting. Their are much more important issues regarding Nokia N8 and you picked the least important one lol way to go.

Don't forget that you  can't compare the N8 with a digital camera, just because you can do things differently on a digital camera doesn't mean you suppose to do it on a camera phone. In my opinion the N8's setting is damn good, could get better and if nokia does something about it Great but I can do what I wanna do with the setting. So please try not to bring up any little problem you thing it has or you thing needs to be changed because I really don't think what you calling a problem is a problem :smileytongue:

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Please use plain text.
Advisor
d7e7r7

No need to be all high and mighty trying to live up to your "Advanced Sage" label...

We all have different priorities so if this one persons priority having the grid already there as soon as he starts the camera then that is his priority and seeing as he can't do it it is a problem, not necessarily your problem, but that doesn't mean its not a problem. 

I personally think that it's a simple feature that won't require much programming to allow it to be set as default. So if he can bring it to Nokia's attention then all the better, thats what these forums are for after all, reaching Nokia with ones suggestions for future firmware updates.   

Yes maybe the setting can be reached in two or more presses on the screen but still, why not have it be there as soon as one opens the camera app?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to the users problem then why bother even replying other than to be negative?

Oh and by the way, I'm a guy :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You dont have to get harsh... so you mean it's a feature that the phone dosent save all settings just the one you personally would like to use?

And i shouldn't bring up things I see as faulty if you don't think it's a big deal?

Well I live in Sweden and we are still running a democracy over here so I'm using my freedom of speech!

Ofc I think all settings should be saved and that this is a bug thats need a fix. Maybe i'm lazy but why shouldent it be as simple as possible?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

lol I mean to say He and accidentally hit "r" as well, my apologies.

I'm not trying to live up to my advanced saga. Oh this forum is a peer to peer mean user to user so the chance that Nokia people are looking at every post trying to fix things is quit unlikely lol now if there is some major issue sure I'm sure they'll fix it like the case with the Dead Nokia N8s and they finally came out and admitted that some are faulty just because there were so many people complaining about it. One post won't fix it.

I completely understand your point, and sure hope nokia makes changes and give us more power to set things out way BUT will I be miserable if I can't, umm no, the reason I been replying about this post is the fact that this user is making this problem sound like a major issue when it is not.

If nokia wants to listen everytime one person wants one little thing changed they'll need to hire many people just for that reason which will not happen.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

[ Edited ]

Hey guys like I said, I wouldn't mine having more freedom on my settings but lets face it like I said Nokia will not change some little thing just because one person said so. If that's the case I have a whole list lol.

Sorry if I sounded like I wanted you to be quiet and not speak your mind, you sure are welcome to do that, I just didn't like the fact that you made it sound like you have this major problem and you saying "nope.... Cold hand from nokia as always." I think if you want that problem fixed use the contact button and email them, that's a better way of letting them hear you out, this forum is not for that reason, its for other people to hear you which in your case is not doing you any good.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Finally some constructive answares, i'll mail them through the contact form then!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

Glad i could help and sorry if you took my comments offensive. good luck

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Please use plain text.
Advisor
d7e7r7

[ Edited ]

Let us know what they say if they reply...

Please use plain text.
Sage

I'd also like to be able to save settings as default. From my point of view, I'd use grid, and I'd like to choose to start camera in photo/video mode.
I'm not lazy, but sometimes the time needed to take picture/start recording is critical...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aqther

oh man you are so cheap with your online support. that label doesn't really suit the way you support nokia users. grow up kid learn to see from others point of view.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I agree with folks in this thread and others who've mentioned this on other forums.  It should not be hard to fix this and it's a PITA.  So... I'm out during the day, taking pics and turning the camera on and off.  let's say I want to push a light setting or some other setting.  I turn the camera off and a while later there's a great shot to be had, but no... I"m back at the default setting.  Even worse of an issue when you are inside at night.  I'm thinking just a few lines of code and an option to "save settings on exit" and we are done.  Nokia.  Fix it if you can.  This is being pitched as a camera with a phone so the camera should have a basic feature like this. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i get less shake when i use the icon on the screen to shoot photo's rather than using the camera button

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It has been fixed now on my n8 and the settings are saved, maybe they did notice my email :-)

Please use plain text.