Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 cannot get rid of "security code" after u...

Contributor
xxbluedragonxx

Nokia N8 cannot get rid of "security code" after upgrade to Belle

Please help me I am tearing my hair out trying to fix this!

I have a Nokia N8 (sim lock to Vodafone)

I have NEVER used a security code or set one on it.

I upgraded to Belle and ever since then it asks me for "Security Code"

I can enter ANY code including 1234  0000  12345 and anything else it always tells me CODE ERROR but then it lets me use the phone like normal.

I can NOT do a factory reset from the menu as it asks me for code :smileysad:

I CAN flash/downgrade it to scandinavian 11.5 firmware but that doesn't make the code request go away :smileysad:

I downgraded it - still code request!

I upgraded it back to Belle again using Nokia Suite - still code request!

I can put it into TEST MODE but then can not get it to do full factory reset, which I am told might fix the issue.

Please can someone tell me STEP BY STEP what I need to do to get rid of this annoying code request when I power the phone on :smileysad:

I DID try hard reset power + camera + volume down + menu button this made other problems with apps and licence but did NOT fix the problem - luckily I managed to reflash to Belle and got my apps/licences back but still code problem :smileysad:

Help please!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia N8 cannot get rid of "security code" after upgrade to Belle

[ Edited ]

@xxbluedragonxx

Whilst such discussion is beyond remit of this manufacturer's sponsored forum, I do wonder with the right software application it would elicit "Code not readable or maybe no code" upon your N8!

Have you ever opened any security application pre-installed in device firmware at any time?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi xbluedragonxx,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

The behaviour you are seeing is known and has been reported a number of times in different threads. Please use the forum search function to find any previous reference to your question before posting.

A fix will be made available in a future update. As you wrote entering any number will get you into the phone in the meantime.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xxbluedragonxx

[ Edited ]

Hi any ideas when this fix will be available? It is a phone I was given from my work place - they upgraded the firmware originally and started getting this code error (then gave it to me to keep after they couldn't fix it)

They confirmed only code should be 12345 or 0000 neither of which "work"

I'm trying to get it basically restored to a default status using Belle (or any firmware version which might work) so it's back to normal Vodafone Nokia N8.

F Secure app is in there but has never been activated.

Please use plain text.
Squid33

[ Edited ]

Hi Kosh,

I disagree with your comments becasue my issue is the same as OP's and I cannot find any references to it at all in the forum depsite your admonishment that this issue has been raised before. 

I have no trouble with entering the security code, my Nokia N8 with Belle accepts my security code perfectly. There are no error messages or bewlidering prompts that come up. My problem is that I don't want a security code on my phone, I want to disable the security code feature and I cannot find an option in 'Settings' to do this.

I have found numerous discussions on entering the wrong security code, how to change the security code, Belle upgrade now asks for security code, security code errors, but have not been able to find one comment on how to go into Settings and disable the security code. I go into Settings -Phone-Phone Management-Security Settings-Phone and SIM Card. There is an option for changing the securitycCode but not for turning it off and on.

Am I looking under the wrong menu or this this another bug that will require a patch?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi Squid33,

Security setting in Nokia Belle can be found in 'Settings>Phone>Phone management>Security settings'

The thread topic refers to a known, identified and fixed issue in Nokia Belle where a device may ask for a code at startup and continue even if noe is set and/or the wrong code is entered. You will find several mentions of this in a number of threads on these boards.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
My_N8_Issues

Hi, gone through the same thing.
The only solution I got is go to Nokia CC and do a clean install.
They will reset it to 12345.

Hope it help.
If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated. You can also help others by marking 'accept as solution'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sweetk8

check here.

http://www.knowyourcell.com/nokia/nokia-n8/n8-guides/572758/how_to_secure_your_nokia_n8_with_a_passc...

Disable by: Settings - Phone -Phone Management-Security Settings-Phone and SIM Card: click NONE from the choices of (Phone Autolock period). This will disable the LOCK from setting itself. Keep the code you originally created handy as you will need it should you ever decide to reactivate the lock system.

I found this information by searching for an hour, after reading numerous posts about Resetting, etc. Useless information since what we both wanted to do was turn the damn lock system off.

Hope you can use this info. BTW... does your main camera work? Mine does not, and the phone also fails in cold weather by shutting itself off. ugh :smileysad:

Please use plain text.