Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 firmware suggestions here!

Counsellor
mikeyjames

“N8 - email.
Add two menu items -

1. "mark all".
2. "delete all".

Rather than current:

1. mark/mark all/move to folder etc (could be done with two presses - mark all/move..)

2.mark/mark all/delete (ould be done with one press - delete all)

Cheers

Mick

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Needs an option to choose where sms messages are stored or the move messages option needs to be able to move them to another memory type eg mass memory or card so you can copy them off the phone. If the backup is as bad as on the N86 then it will only backup messages stored in C so anything on Mass memory is trapped in the phone as you cannot back it up or move/copy it off. This is especially annoying if the phone switch feature is flaky as it means you cannot take a copy of messages when you change phones.

Make disable touchscreen and screen saver timeouts seperate so you can turn off the screenlock but still have a short screen saver time. At the moment you only have one option so the screen stays lit up for whatever time the lock is set to regardless of when the backlight is due to go off.

Connection inspector that shows you what app is messing about with the flipping wifi when it has been told not to scan but it keeps on using it.

Camera UI isn't great. Needs to be like the N86 in the later firmwares.

Improved phone switch that can actually copy data properly without taking forever or corrupting the phone. A skip option so you could go onto the next thing when it gets stuck would be very helpfu. If you redo the transfer then it starts right back at the beginning rather than picking up where it left off or just after if it got stuck. Also if you have a lot of one type of thing eg messages there is no way of picking just a folder or doing it in batches which might help the time and hanging issues. For some reason using the phone switch is monumentally slower than bluetooth should be. If you bluetooth images directly they transfer in no time. If you use phone switch they take ages. Makes no sense.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I would like the Option to make any APP or Game a Widget on my Hopme screen, why do I have such a small choice to chose from.

Also I'm sure it's been said many many times, but would love the Internet browser to be more stabel. It freezes way to much for me and also lags ALOT. As well as draining far to much BATTERY.
I wish this could be improved as well.

I'm sure most of you's have covered the rest of the things so will be happy when we have all these Updates.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

johnmiceter wrote:
I would like the Option to make any APP or Game a Widget on my Hopme screen, why do I have such a small choice to chose from.

Use the shortcuts bar

you can then place any 4 apps / games on the bar

Simply add a shortcuts bar to the home screen

then in homescreen edit mode, tap the shortcuts bar and select settings

add the 4 apps you want

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjbmurph

@synth_fg:  thanks!  that was one of my pet peeves and now its solved.  ('course,  now I feel like a tool for not finding it out sooner :smileyvery-happy:)

one suggestion I would make is to have messages auto delete after a specified length of time: ie 30 days (unless of course its already available and I just can't find it)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manubharath

Re: Nokia N8 firmware suggestions here! - SMS improvements

> Marking messages/sms is very painful, need mark/unmark options next to the mesages.(Like in Gallery). IT should mark/unmark on a single tap.

>Need an option to move entire conversation to a folder. This would be really helpful to move and sort messages from different people easily.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gbora87

delivery reports should be shown as footer of each msg near date/time in conversations.., videos should not appear in photos... and the present frmware lags while making/trminating calls... msgs get stuck in outbox and are repeatedly sent.. while using taskbar it lags badly..
ADMIN i want ur reply
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirba

Well how about some basic features?

1. Stopwatch

2. Timer

3. When I enter a birthday into a contact I would like that entered into my calendar, otherwishe I'll never know when somebody has a birthday.

4. Little less subfolder Application-Office etc....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kadet

I want the full version Myriad Alien Dalvik. So I can run android apps on my phone nokia n8! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
M0M0zArT

Here are some new improvments you should had to the Nokia N8 :

- For French users, an "AZERTY" keyboard on landscape and portrait view.
- Add an alarm and/or an agenda event for each contact's birthday.
- Ability to use the Xeon flash from the camera as a flash light (for few seconds for example, in order to find out the keyhole for example)
- Ability to adjust the volume of the SMS ringtone
- Get lastfm and deezer application
- Get Flash 10.1 and HTML 5 compliance
- Get Java 6 compliance
- Synchronization between Symbian calendar/agenda and Google calendar/agenda.
- Add a "Nickname" field in contacts info
- Don't lock the screen when a phonecall ends
- Implement a "blacklist" where we can add unlimited phone numbers

- Add temporary phone numbers and/or contacts for people doing carpool (with an adjustable length, in days for example, from 1 day to 30 days for example. Then the contact is automatically deleted).

- Improve the proximity sensor because it always ends with "Suspend the call" because my cheek is touching the screen while I'm calling... Or automatically lock the screen when the green button is pushed to answer a call

- It should be great to add a function that collects the info about a contact on Facebook (for example : phone number, postal address and birthday) and add these info on the contact currently registered in the phone. For example, currently on the N8, we could have the first tab with photo + "link to Social Networks" + phone number. On the second tab we could have for example the last status on Facebook, First name, Last name, phone number, postal address and birthday. And every time the current date is a birthday, we should have an alarm and an event on the calendar. I know from a friend which owns a Windows Mobile Phone that WMP 7 is doing something similar, you should check it out on Youtube.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I agree with KADET, I just want more games. I'm sick of all these **bleep** games we are getting, and if we get Myriad Alien Dalvik for our phone it would solve alot of the hassles.

The only other things I would like fixed is the Browser, the Wifi connection ( it loses connection to my modem many times) and that's about all really.

Other then those few things it's a great phone.

BUT THE ONE THING I REALLY WANT IS Myriad Alien Dalvik so I can run games on our phone.

Please use plain text.

iam very unhappy to inform you that nokia has not added the SEQUENCE MODE in N8's camera. it is a very good option. so please add the same atleast in upcoming version...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

is its any point to post suggestions here? does nokia will take a look at it? i readed lot of suggestions here. and most of them i like

Nokia Please Help N9 live!
Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

M0M0zArT wrote:

Here are some new improvments you should had to the Nokia N8 :

- Ability to use the Xeon flash from the camera as a flash light (for few seconds for example, in order to find out the keyhole for example)

Not possible with a Xenon flash, but there are a number of  "Torch" apps in the Ovi Store which will illuminate the screen. Personally I use Nokia Bubbles from Beta Labs which has this function.

M0M0zArT wrote:

- Get lastfm and deezer application

- Implement a "blacklist" where we can add unlimited phone numbers

Look in Ovi Store, http://store.ovi.com/content/83318 is the Deezer app, http://store.ovi.com/content/75692 gives access to LastFM

I believe that there are also "blacklist" apps in the store.

M0M0zArT wrote:

- Synchronization between Symbian calendar/agenda and Google calendar/agenda.

This is possible using Mail for Exchange.

M0M0zArT wrote:

- Add a "Nickname" field in contacts info

It is already possible. When looking at the contact, choose "options" > "edit", and then "options" > "add detail" and you will be able to add the "nickname" field to the contact

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Krishna_Singh

can someone tell me the release date of symbian anna update for n8 pls i m waiting for it for more than 3 months ???

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Some time in August 2011.

Looking forward to it, something extra I think I might like (the browser mainly), but also a fix for the cumbersome wifi experience, and maybe a fix for apps that jump out of the folders when the phone is connected in USB mode. No other major issues. So far so good.
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gs2011

i used e5 earlier

the very useful gps application is not there in n8
it was useful for calculating trip distances in jogging and other sports it worked wout any network charges

2 agree on ability to use flash light as torch
it is very useful it shud have been there

3 the text in web pages is very small it is very irritating

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

A simple re-start widget!!!  added menu items to hold down. ability to add single widgets to the home screens, not always a whole shortcut block.  LARGER FAVORITES PICTURE BLOCK, SIMILAR TO SPB FAVORITES. ACTUALLY, THERE ARE A FEW SPB SHELL THINGS THAT WOULD BE GOOD

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mister_B

A couple of suggestions, I haven't read all the previous posts so they may have been covered.

- Ability to invite guests to calendar events.

- HTML5 support in the browser.

- FM Transmitter to send current track details as RDS.

- Stop it freezing for 10-20 seconds everytime I send a text.

Cheers,

Neil.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maafunkis

I want Non-stop music playing... When i'm listening a mixed album is ugly the "silence" between two songs. i mean, the gap between two songs.

Will be great to eliminate that gap between songs.

Please use plain text.