1. Portrait QWERTY is a must!! I cannot stress how utterly important this feature is to me.
2. Give the option to notify incoming SMS/MMS/E-mail apart from the home button. Perhaps a blinking mail icon on the screen while using power save feature.
3. Fix the missing Smart Dialing at the dialer!
4. Redo the camera interface. Make it more intuinitive!
5. Fix the confusing Wi-Fi / Widget which causes the phone to always online.
6. Give the option swipe to unlock
7. Update the web browser
8 .Enable a single widget to take up more than one spot so we can have better view of updated widgets.
Things that I wish could be fixed, but cannot be done:
9. Ridiculous speaker position at the bottom of the phone where it tends to get muffle especially when you place it on a soft surface.
10. Weak vibration.
11. Better battery life.
12. More RAM.
It's just cosmetic but I wish Symbian^3 would have a start-up animation like this
Not the old human hands on white background.
1. Allow music information (artists/ songs/ albums) to be edited, so that artists and albums can be grouped together correctly.
2. Accept Album Art from aac/mp4 type files.
27-10-2010 19:38 - edited 27-10-2010 19:39
1) Enable optional language packs for heavens sake. Japanese is essential for me and I wouldn't mind having an option for German T9 either.
2) A stopwatch and timer. I really wonder why those are not in N8 by standard. Should be integrated in Clock as a tab.
3) Make multiselection of files in filemanager similar to how it works in photo viewer
4) Decrease amount of time it takes for open applications dialog to appear after holding the button down a bit
5) Why is it that if I have multiple languages installed in Dictionary it wants me to remove all but two before I can use it?!
Easy Bluetooth contact transfer from other brands like HTC Wildfire got.
So you can get rid of your old phone quick without going true outlook and
OVI suite. It should be easy to go to a Nokia Phone from another brand.
And please trash the OVI suite and OVI music player and do a rebuild based
of the wonder full perfect working god old PC suite!!
Please Nokia look at other music players and do it right soon.
If you were impressed after reading about the reason for the delay, they why do you complain about it?
Make it possible to go from geo-tagged photos directly to OVI-Maps to show the location where the photo is shot.
An equlizer for the musicplayer would be nice.
Make it possible to update songdetails and albumart online direct on the device.
And as mentioned:
Allow music information (artists/ songs/ albums) to be edited, so that artists and albums can be grouped together correctly.
Accept Album Art from aac/mp4 type files.
A couple of little suggestions...
can't agree with those who don't understand the purpose of the trivial delay when swiping home screens to move to next. It's a deliberate, and in my view sensible, design.
Can we please have the diary (in this and all Symbian phones) fixed so that start and end of appointments can be tagged (separately!) to a time zone and then displayed correctly for whatever zone the phone is set to? Very useful for international flights, meetings planned with somebody in another time zone.
This was in the original antecedent of Symbian OS - the venerable, extremely effective Psion PDA that ran for weeks on 2 x AA battery, multi tasked and did lots of things phones are only doing now. How come it got lost on the way?
BTW - the over praised iPhone can't do this either - nor can anything from HTC. Such a basic thing and nobody can do it. Tragic!
Disable the standby clock by default, it uses battery and could lead to image persistence on the AMOLED screen! http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_light-
New N8 is great and hopefully Nokia will make improvements soon:
1. 'Album and Artist' search need to be separated in the music player (unbelievable error!!!!)
2. Landscape 'In Call' screen much needed - perhaps on/off setting in 'Settings/Calling/Call'
3. Swipe to unlock
4. Double or triple widget options for better home screen viewing
5. Improved Music player and browser
6. Charger control for back light on (somewhere)
7. Future support and integration if Symbian ^4 takes hold in the near.
Otherwise, the N8 is a welcome improvement on my N95-8 and a massive improvement on my N97.
I have just thought of the best change yet!! How about when plugged into the TV through HDMI or TV out have an option for making the device screen go blank to save the AMOLEDs and the battery when external keyboard and mouse are connected!?!?
Then have an option of disabling the TV screen going blank so it can be used more like a normal computer? So when the USB or Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and TV are connected that device screen remains blank no matter what is going on on the TV!! Of course, there would have to be an override button perhaps the menu button so the device screen can easily be turned back on should the TV disconnect inproperly
1. A "to-do" list similar to Blackberry
2. Intelligent switching and "cut-and-paste" between e-mail, SMS and Chat/Messaging
3. Better UI for the editor
4. More intuitve UI for navigation
Well I'd like an android emulator! - got used to having things like layar and google sky when I got a HTC as the N8 took too long to come out. As the screen is taller we can have some touchscreen buttons to emulate the missing back button. be good if they could do like a HTC sense and update contact pictures from facebook.... even better would be it could use the USB adapter to plug in another phone and transfer contacts from it without having to go via outlook.
But yeah, any of that isn't going to happen (and I'm not saying android is better, I'd just like best of both worlds on the nice n8 device with it's superiour music & camera)
I agree with the portrait QWERTY option, although I do like the keyboard on the N8 a lot (both ways round)
They need to bring back share online as that was great on my N85 and a suprising omission from the N8 - only having a share on facebook option is just odd given how it resizes pics.
An auto-kill to kill apps that are sitting in the background doing nothing for hours would be good.
I just hope they do see the firmware as a work in progress as all firmware/OSes are and not just like as has been in the past where you get just one update (that might even be broken) then that's the lot as they've started working on a new phone.