Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 how to reset to factory settings

Registered Member
mygs12

Nokia N8 how to reset to factory settings

hi i have a nokia n8 i buy it from a friend i want to reset all application with the phone.. I try using with the following function

*#7780#

switch on the and hold menu + camera + vlolume i try also to reset using using settings restore factory settings but they ask password i input the default 12345 nothings happen.. since my friend is already in india..plsss help..thanks :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia N8 how to reset to factory settings

Unfortunately the hard reset is not something you want to do with the N8 at the moment due to problems post reset. You could however try the *#7370# reset and read the link below before you do.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/n8-00/faq#05

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@mygs12

If there is any doubt ensure N8 is off by holding power button down for 8 seconds until 3 vibrations felt.

As you have posted elsewhere on this issue if you must "Hard reset" your N8 at your peril then it's Menu, -Volume (minus volume) and Camera all depressed whilst powering on but release power button only after 1st vibration felt.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

pl help me n8 restart

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

37903790 wrote:

pl help me n8 restart

Not clear from post whether your N8 keeps re-booting during use or device dead and won't start.

Please use plain text.
shan0perera

i forgot my factory setting reset code what should i do now plz help me im using nokia N8

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

shan0perera wrote:

i forgot my factory setting reset code what should i do now plz help me im using nokia N8

Hi shan0perera ,

By default, this code should be 12345.

Hope this helps,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kumarjangir86

sir,i dile *#7073# then my mobile ditroy all sitting but can' restore.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

kumarjangir86 wrote:
sir,i dile *#7073# then my mobile ditroy all sitting but can' restore.

Presumably a typographic error for *#7370#, but are you trying to restore settings from memory card or Nokia Suite backup?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Karensiin

Hiiii i hace the same problem i dont have pasaron to hard reset my Nokia 8 and i have a big problem, i cant maje calles , or go to the Home menú, or use wifi, dial aytihing I been having that message saying that there no memory and u have to delete some data, since then just menu screen it works but nothing else please help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Karenslin

Can you backup data from your N8 using Nokia Suite?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dr_ammar01

Nokia N8 Hanged on reboot after sotware update please help

Nokia N8 Hanged on reboot   after sotware update  please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia N8 Hanged on reboot after sotware update please help

Did the update complete? If it did try rebooting again by pressing and holding the power button for around 8 seconds until the phone vibrates.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ethan15

hi just wanna ask if restore my nokia n8 what will i lost ? everything including photos , vid , contacts ? thanks ? if only application i will do it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ethan15 wrote:

hi just wanna ask if restore my nokia n8 what will i lost ? everything including photos , vid , contacts ? thanks ? if only application i will do it.

If you read Pg. 117 of the User Guide , it says 'This does not affect documents or files stored on your device...' .. still suggest you to back-up / sync all your data with the Nokia Suite

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charismajoy20

Re: Nokia N8 how to reset to factory settings [ New ]

Hiiii i hace the same problem i dont have pasaron to hard reset my Nokia 8 and i have a big problem, i cant maje calles , or go to the Home menú, or use wifi, dial aytihing I been having that message saying that there no memory and u have to delete some data, since then just menu screen it works but nothing else please help

HI everyone! I also have the same problem as per above. Please help! Thank you!
Please use plain text.